t-rex 450 pro - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 07-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
chris p
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Chris p

Total Props: 1
Talking t-rex 450 pro

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I got me a 450 pro just recently, I was a little hesitant at first because I had a 450 a few years back and didnt like it a whole lot.
Well Ive changed my mind after flying this pro, Actually I think that I can sum it up in a few words.... BIG performance in a little package!! It flyies just as good (if not better) that either my 550 or 600n.
I have had 10 flights now and getting verry confident (this heli makes it feel easier or someting,I think it might be magic or I got Alan Szabos hehe) Trying manouvers that I havent before.

One very happy camper here!!
If you were thinking about getting one I suggest that you DO add this little guy to your fleet.
chris p is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
HeliGrover
RCC Noob

I am: Ian
Radio of choice:
spektrum 2.4
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Re: t-rex 450 pro

I would love to replace my 450SE with a pro one day, or wait and see what the new proV2 will be like.
HeliGrover is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
JamesBC
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jim N

Total Props: 2

Other than the frame being different, what are the difference between the two?

Old 07-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
HeliGrover
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
spektrum 2.4

Between the SE and the Pro? The pro is torque tube tail drive, little bigger grips, the chinesse weight on the tail rotor, all the servos are mounted different, one piece skid gear. runs the bigger tail servo (a ds 520 size). i am sure there is more but that is all I can think of.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
JamesBC
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jim N

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGrover View Post
Between the SE and the Pro? The pro is torque tube tail drive, little bigger grips, the chinesse weight on the tail rotor, all the servos are mounted different, one piece skid gear. runs the bigger tail servo (a ds 520 size). i am sure there is more but that is all I can think of.
Well the Pro comes either or, on the tail, same as my SE did, could get it belt or shaft drive. It might be that only Align makes the pro as TT I am not sure about that. You are right about the tail servo, seems the pro comes with the bracket for full size servo, on mine I used a Hitec 5084 servo so used the KDS tail servo mount to fit it to the boom. The one thing that has helped me is mounting 500 size gear, makes my somewhat less than perfect landings easier. To be honest, I think I like the split frame much better than the pro frame, I don't think it makes any difference in flight, its just what I prefer.

Jim
Old 07-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
HeliGrover
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
spektrum 2.4

That is correct, the Align 450 pro only comes in TT but some of the clones would come in either belt or TT. Align did sell a TT kit that could be installed onto most 450's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in