Most powerfull .61 Engine - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
Most powerfull .61 Engine

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What is the most powerful .61 engine for aircraft use today?

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: A. Nonymous

Total Props: 163

Jett .61 lx will turn an apc 10x6 at minimum 18k. I'm looking at buying one for my Juno F-20. It is a ".40 size"case. If you want a ".60" size case you could punch the displacement up and go to a Jett .90lx. Awsome power in a .60 size engine. Jett quotes a min. of 15k on an apc 11x8 on that one. Power costs money though, $350usd and $400usd respectively.

www.jettengineering.com

Mike
luv2flyrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
FaceDeAce
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Claude P.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C and 9C, Prism 7x
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1
Hi Dennis, I take the simple approach - "there's no replacement for displacement"

Unless you have a competition regulation to adhere to - if you want the most powerful 60 engine then simply acquire the largest displacement, lightest weight, engine you can find in a 60 sized case. Or, the largest engine the airframe is capable of carrying around.

The budget dictates whether purchase the "name" engine or the economical brute torque generator. The difference is usually just the effectiveness of the carburator. For high power, high reliability it has been done many times to buy the economical engine, toss the carburator, and put on a Perry or OS carb.

Examples of some strong running 60 sized engines.
GMS 76
ASP 75
ST 75 or 90 - (yes these are in a 60 sized case, the ST 60 75 and 90 are all the same physical size)
Irvine 72 - very nice, very strong, very very fine!
OS 61FX
Evolution 61NT or 100NX
Rossi
Jett

to name just a few. Could go on -
Remembering an article in MAN on 60 engines not too too long ago, I did a quick net search and I also found this "click-trip". Check it out for some ideas:
http://www.rccaraction.com/MA/click_...60engines1.asp

Of the engines in that article, it appears the Tower61 (which is same as a ST61) ranked 1st, followed by the Fox.

Model Airplane News, May 2003

As far as Jett goes, they have this "big block" series. How about a Jett 120 in a 60 case? wow! now there must be power
http://www.jettengineering.com/engines/bse100.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in