Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mark
Radio of choice:
DX6i
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1
Re: Ultra Micro 4-Site

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
My 4 Site has 2 flights on it...and the parkade at my place is just not big enough....the ceilings are too low. I will be selling this plane, if anyone is interested. Comes with spare battery too. $140 plus shipping seems fair to me.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #42
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 15

I'm pleasantly surprised by how durable this thing is! I must've hit the pillars in the parking garage at least a dozen times, and the only "damage" is the wings came unglued that the trailing edges(very common from what I've read).

Moved up to flying comfortable figure 8's with rolls on the straight passes in the garage.. Not sure I've got enough height to try a loop, but we'll find out soon enough
Old 04-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #43
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Guess what I got in Toledo?

I did say I wanted to get one for NEXT year, but we still have 1 more week of indoor and the Toledo price was unreal!

I am flying it tomorrow.. WHEEEEE!!!!
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:56 AM   #44
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
but we still have 1 more week of indoor
Well, if you have only 1 week of indoor flying left, you better wish for the next following few weeks, for NO WIND at all, because you're bracing yourself for a very long summer. This plane grows on you. And sadly, it's not really wind friendly.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #45
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX8

I flew mine in a gentle breeze (~5km/h or less) and its fine, you just have to be aware of the wind. It's definitely going to be a handful in any more wind though.

I was flying in the parking garage, and took off JUST after a car passed by, and even about 50 feet behind the car it was still bouncing around in the wake from the car.

Congrats Max, can you say just how good pricing was down there?
Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #46
Max
Administrator

Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

I flew the pants of mine today in indoor.
I love doing rolling cirlces in the gym

I am still getting comfortable with it, but so far so good.

I agree ligt winds is max for this puppy outdoors. I after I got home I took it outside for a flight on my street.

It was too windy. At cruise power it only hovered in the wind, not penetrating at all. You dont dare turn downwind in these conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Congrats Max, can you say just how good pricing was down there?
I got one vendor down to $100CDN, but now I see Great planes is selling them for $112, so I whohgt I got a great deal but... Oh well, I have a 4site now
Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #47
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX8

$100 cdn is still a good price! Most places around here are asking ~$125. Hobby hobby has them at $114 now, but I'd still say you got a good deal!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #48
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX8

So I've gotta say, I'm blown away at just how resilient this little guy is!! Due to pilot stupidity, I got mine stuck in a tree about 15 feet up. I had to use a broom to knock it out (not gently either!), and the ONLY damage was a small tear on one aileron from a branch, and the rudder horn ripped a bit loose from the rudder. I tiny piece of tape fixed the aileron, and a drop of GWS glue fixed the rudder.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #49
Max
Administrator

Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
So I've gotta say, I'm blown away at just how resilient this little guy is!! Due to pilot stupidity, I got mine stuck in a tree about 15 feet up. I had to use a broom to knock it out (not gently either!), and the ONLY damage was a small tear on one aileron from a branch, and the rudder horn ripped a bit loose from the rudder. I tiny piece of tape fixed the aileron, and a drop of GWS glue fixed the rudder.

I think you got the cast-iron version because mine has had glue joints pop loose here and there (top wing where TE joins the fuse and the reinforcement diagonal has broken in a few spots, and lower wing as well)

Also it has a weak point where the reinforcing tape ends that is on the fuse near top wing- I extended mine and that helped a lot!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #50
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I think you got the cast-iron version because mine has had glue joints pop loose here and there (top wing where TE joins the fuse and the reinforcement diagonal has broken in a few spots, and lower wing as well)
I'll bet you that wparsons already fixed those on his... I agree, they are all weak points, but once they break, just a little bit of tape and you can forget about it. (First, second and third time, I tried to glue those back myself... Useless since on most impact, it just break back or a little bit farther, except maybe the diagonal reinforcement).

But once you have taped all those soft spots, I also agree, this little plane can take a beating.

If I ever buy another one, or get a replacement frame (which, no matter how resilient it is, I'm sure I'll have to do in my very NEAR future), I'll likely tape those spots before my maiden flight...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in