November Hobby Show Info Thread - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #1

Total Props: 57
November Hobby Show Info Thread

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Show Hours

Friday, November 5,2004 12 PM to 9 PM
Saturday November 6, 2004 10 AM to 8 PM
Sunday, November 7, 2004 10 AM to 6 PM

Ok here is the 411 on this.
We have a booth, and will be doing an offroad electric exibition.

We had a meeting last night and decided that
we are going to get dirt (will be confirmed on Monday)
I'm going to make a half pipe type set up which will be placed against the wall...you'll be able to climb the wall, and I'm also going to incorporate a jump so that on the way down you can choose to drive off normally or hit a jump coming down....which will allow a little freestyle fun.

I'm also going to design a small jump for the middle of the area.
We'll use the dirt to make mogals...etc.

I will post pics of my design idea later so you'll know what I'm talking about.

We would like to do a Electric MT pull (face off or perhaps a truck pull if we can get the trailer system) (I'll post pictures of what I'm talking about late so You'll understand.)

We would also like to jump a r/c vehicle over a heli. So we'll need a volunteer that can fly heli, and hover steady. (still working on that idea)

the whole idea will be to have a little fun.

The booth will likely need volunteers.
We hope to have some nitro rides on hand so ppl can discuss and look at them.

I will post more details later, but just wanted to bring everyone up to date.

The show hours are posted above.

I must stress that if you volunteer to attend ensure you'll be able to be there for at least two of these days (exibition peeps)

We'll arrange to have some practice time on the half and what ever else I build.

If anyone has a mountain climber that would be welcome as well.

PM me with any questions, or catch me on msn roughnex40@hotmail.com.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:04 AM   #2
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

Total Props: 0
i no a guy from work that has an elec. heli i mite be able to get him to do it.... cant gauruntee n e thing tho....
Old 09-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #3
LosiGramps

Re: November Hobby Show Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock
Ok here is the 411 on this.
We have a booth, and will be doing an offroad electric exibition. We had a meeting last night and decided that
we are going to get dirt (will be confirmed on Monday)
Woohoo, dirt at the Hobby Show. (Does anyone here remember racing at the Hobby Show when there WAS dirt? And I wonder if anyone saw that shirt I had on... "If it has t*ts or wheels, you'll have problems." )

Quote:
I'm going to make a half pipe type set up which will be placed against the wall...you'll be able to climb the wall, and I'm also going to incorporate a jump so that on the way down you can choose to drive off normally or hit a jump coming down....which will allow a little freestyle fun.

I'm also going to design a small jump for the middle of the area.
We'll use the dirt to make mogals...etc.

I will post pics of my design idea later so you'll know what I'm talking about.

We would like to do a Electric MT pull (face off or perhaps a truck pull if we can get the trailer system) (I'll post pictures of what I'm talking about late so You'll understand.)

We would also like to jump a r/c vehicle over a heli. So we'll need a volunteer that can fly heli, and hover steady. (still working on that idea)
Hmmm, there were those little $300 heli's (electric) at the last show, but I seriously doubt you'll get the ability to fly anything larger. Lets say, the last time a larger (Whisper heli) was flown at the Hobby Show (over the electric dirt track during the boring boats) got a little TOO close to a jump and bladed the audience. All helicopter flights from then on in were "no", even at following shows.

Quote:
the whole idea will be to have a little fun.

The booth will likely need volunteers.
We hope to have some nitro rides on hand so ppl can discuss and look at them.

I will post more details later, but just wanted to bring everyone up to date.

The show hours are posted above.

I must stress that if you volunteer to attend ensure you'll be able to be there for at least two of these days (exibition peeps)

We'll arrange to have some practice time on the half and what ever else I build.

If anyone has a mountain climber that would be welcome as well.

PM me with any questions, or catch me on msn roughnex40@hotmail.com.
Haven't done the Hobby Show for dirt in. Umm, err, umm, alright. A decade (umm, plus).

I think what would be more fun, would be to have people lay down and be jumped over. (Some protective gear is far easier than getting permission from the show officials to fly a heli in close proximity to the audience.)

Gramps.
LosiGramps is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-03-2004, 04:17 PM   #4
LosiGramps

Current compliment of cars:

Losi JRX Pro SE <Nearing maintenance/upgrade completion>
Mutt (see website to 'understand') <Currently disassembled for maintenance>
Tamiya TamTech <Needs front wheel assembly and foam tire replacements>
OFNA OB4 International Pro 2 Electric Sedan <Fully operational>
Tiny Tiny Tiny RC <Operational, on table, etc>

Suggestions:

R/C Car/Truck "Tug-O-War", where both are chained together and have to pull the other out of a ring.

Truck pull trailers: Can be made, if anyone has metal experience, the rear tires use a gear, which lifts the weight up the trailer, causing the ski's up front to push harder into the ground (making it harder to pull). Technical info can be had anywhere if you search for "Truck Pulls" on some of the sports orientated site. Basically the mechanism moves the applied weight upward over the ski's as the trailer gets pulled. A 1/10 scale onroad oval car's rear pod can be used for this, onto any metal or even wood, then couple the gear with a belt or chain (since you can put any standard gear in there) and have it linked to the platform that moves. The two front ski's should be of metal or a thick plastic, be angled for one direction only (they're used to stop the trailer from pulling the truck backwards).

Shame the Mutt isn't up for it yet, or I'd put the posi rear in it and do the tug-o-war and watch the diff guys one wheel squeel.

Gramps.
LosiGramps is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

One idea that might work is to have 1 or 2 TV's playing endless loops of off road RC racing action. This will show people there really are tracks as well as get them to stop at the booth and keep them interested longer!
Old 09-03-2004, 05:37 PM   #6
michaely.
RCC Master Contributor

★ Site Supporter ★
★ Moderator ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
One idea that might work is to have 1 or 2 TV's playing endless loops of off road RC racing action. This will show people there really are tracks as well as get them to stop at the booth and keep them interested longer!

Yes we are gonna have a few lap tops hooked up to LCD's with footage of the wing cam, the sprucwood, BMC, ect....
Old 09-03-2004, 05:42 PM   #7

If someone can find a screen i have a projector with RCA and S-video inputs. It starts getting blurry after its about 10 feet wide
Old 09-03-2004, 07:02 PM   #8
michaely.
RCC Master Contributor

★ Site Supporter ★
★ Moderator ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keddy
If someone can find a screen i have a projector with RCA and S-video inputs. It starts getting blurry after its about 10 feet wide
See warlock about A/V stuff...I am the dirt bag for this....A few ideas where no "track" layout just "free range" with a couple jumps and like WARLOCK said a 1/2 pipe up the wall 8O :P
Old 09-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #9

OK works over...lets see.

Losigramps wrote
Quote:
Woohoo, dirt at the Hobby Show
Yeah it has been some time....but then those were the good ol'days
when the hobby show had a lot more going on...thats what we're here for!

Losi Gramps wrote
Quote:
(Some protective gear is far easier than getting permission from the show officials to fly a heli in close proximity to the audience.)
Would it suprise you to know that it was their idea for a truck to jump a heli..but I agree with you, a mini or micro electric would be all you would want...really a cheapy would do...cuz it would probably be fun to blow it up...

Quote:
R/C Car/Truck "Tug-O-War", where both are chained together and have to pull the other out of a ring.
We were bouncing around that idea...if the tractor pull didn't pan out. It all depends on what electrics we have...but perhap 3 mini t's vs and emaxx ok ok,..but its a good idea...also it would churn up some dirt..

As far as competing with others IE boats..the word is one show at a time..always...and a frequency board so there is no conflicts.

Mac we are totally on the same wave length there...I'm working on the video thing...as a matter of fact I'm looking to put a slide show together with as many members with there ride as we can get...as well all pics will be considered taken during this season.

Vids made by members will be put in as well so get on those computers and put something together, and get it too me.

We are looking for at least 40min of vid which we'll loop.

As well we are going to throw up the web page at the booth for ppl to look at.

I'm on the look out for an electric heli...Hopefully I'll be able to keep her steady enough...but if I dont' it'll be a heck of a show
Old 09-03-2004, 08:34 PM   #10
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

my dad used to race at the hobby show on dirt back in the day (like 20+ years lol)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in