No More Bashin' @ Bayview? ... Maybe ... - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #41
imported_FIREFOX
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well, if we hit the 407, can I use your transponder? I believe that highway is "Pay to Play"

PeacE!

HPI Savage X 4.6
Painted Indy Silver - Basher
Ford F-150 painted 2 tone: Black on Silver w/ red racing strip - Cruiser
Spektrum DX 2.0
imported_FIREFOX is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #42
imported_offroader
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster G
Im in!!!!

I am just having fun with you FIREFOX

I looked at some of the Bayview pics and recognized a couple people

The GRANDMASTER loves to break things

and a good track too!!

I hope to attend a session at BAYVIEW in the near future

"Grandmaster G"stickers for everyone!!!!!!!

I prefer 407 to 401
Ok, I think you guys are getting to personal chill out! it only fun we are tryng to have here not a war!
imported_offroader is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:45 PM   #43
imported_connected15
RCC Senior Contributor

found one just north on baview i think past major mac big hills and construction site next door no one to bother lol i agree with the parking lot runs i had a pretty good scare on sunday as most of you guys know!!
eflite t-34
mini bcx
blade cx
mini-t
mini lst-mamba 25
rs4 mt 4wd racer
all controlled spektrum
imported_connected15 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #44
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

offroader

Myself and Firefox have no beef
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #45
brucez

Where...

Quote:
Originally Posted by connected15
found one just north on baview i think past major mac big hills and construction site next door no one to bother lol i agree with the parking lot runs i had a pretty good scare on sunday as most of you guys know!!
Where exactly Connected ? Right on Bayview ? I live at Bayview & Mac, I gotsta know!!!
brucez is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #46
imported_offroader
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster G
offroader

Myself and Firefox have no beef
Cool guys this hobby is all for fun I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt over this!....we already have too many shooting in this city...lol
imported_offroader is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #47
crUshed420
RCC Contributor

When are all you smelly noisy nitro dudes gonna get the hint and switch to electric?

When we show up (the electric crowd) we never get one complaint, heckle, or crook-eyed stare. The only complaint I could see us generating is dust complaints

Of course I'm just kidding you guys, as I also have nitro. I have never ran my nitro at the bmx park however, nor do I run my nitro at public parks.

You'd be very surprised at how tolerant people are towards electric compared to nitro - I wouldn't even consider running my nitro in a park simply because I don't like people giving me grumpy looks. When I run electric, everyone loves me because their dogs get exercise TRYING to catch me

When is someone gonna buy an old hockey rink, convert it into an indoor r/c park with proper ventilation and sound proofing and setup some organized races!!! It seems like the hobby is finally starting to pick up in Toronto and I'd love to see the hobby grow to the level of r/c'ing in california or other areas.

The problem we have in Canada is weather - 7 months of the year it's pretty hard to r/c. If we had an indoor arena with a snack booth and parts store... boy oh boy, try to PRY ME FROM THERE!!

PS - remember, I have nitro AND electic! don't hate me cause i called you nitro guys smelly
crUshed420 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:53 AM   #48
imported_SELWA
RCC Pro Contributor

When one of us wins the lottery I'm sure we can buy the Rogers centre/Skydome. When I was there last year with my 1/8 I had a blast!! I know the guys that went out this year also did!!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #49
WeatherB
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: F.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crUshed420
When are all you smelly noisy nitro dudes gonna get the hint and switch to electric?

When we show up (the electric crowd) we never get one complaint, heckle, or crook-eyed stare. The only complaint I could see us generating is dust complaints

Of course I'm just kidding you guys, as I also have nitro. I have never ran my nitro at the bmx park however, nor do I run my nitro at public parks.

You'd be very surprised at how tolerant people are towards electric compared to nitro - I wouldn't even consider running my nitro in a park simply because I don't like people giving me grumpy looks. When I run electric, everyone loves me because their dogs get exercise TRYING to catch me

When is someone gonna buy an old hockey rink, convert it into an indoor r/c park with proper ventilation and sound proofing and setup some organized races!!! It seems like the hobby is finally starting to pick up in Toronto and I'd love to see the hobby grow to the level of r/c'ing in california or other areas.

The problem we have in Canada is weather - 7 months of the year it's pretty hard to r/c. If we had an indoor arena with a snack booth and parts store... boy oh boy, try to PRY ME FROM THERE!!

PS - remember, I have nitro AND electic! don't hate me cause i called you nitro guys smelly
I think the better question is: when will Mac open up his point series so we can have an awesome track within a 1/2 hour drive?
WeatherB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:42 PM   #50

Total Props: 57
The bmx on bayview is the perfect spot for r/c. Its buffered and noise can be kept to a minimum.

We happen to know some people, I'll make some calls next week to ensure there isn't going to be a shut down. I would recommend though that you keep the r/cs to no later than 5 or 6 pm once a week.

The skate parks were made to keep skaters from doing it on business and school places where people complained. The same goes for the BMX track.

I see no difference for the r/c's. Your never going to satisfy everyone, someone is ALWAYS going to be complaining.

Definately don't be parking on the grass. Follow the posted rules. Yield to the bmx'rs, and I'd recommend staying out of the parking lot. Your right about that noise, and it will travel over to the apt's complex to the east.

If someone is messing around and breaking the rules. leave!.

We've been using that space since it was first created. The parks people are aware that r/cers are using it and as of the last time I spoke with them there were no problems.

We've had numbers in the 25-30 range before with no problems. However keep in mind the 1/5 and others are louder than normal. So govern yourselves accordingly on time etc. Garbage clean up is a must and it was mentioned once before by a parks official while at another venue.

The noise bylaw in Toronto is "likely to disturb" which has no time limits, and is generally left up to whomever is investigating.

City Bylaw, Police, and Parks can shut your down anytime for any reason. They can also legally stop you from going by simply trespassing you.

Its in everyones best interest to comply by being respectfull of the property (clean up after yourself) and not overdoing your welcome. (limiting how long and how often large groups attend)
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in