Muskoka Madtrax & Hobbies - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 08-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #11

Total Props: 57

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
All members posting comments or threads within the "General Discussion" rooms cant edit posts (just the way the site is setup). All other forum room posts can be edited.

As for the 15 post minimum for linking outsite info, that filter was created to avoid the spam bots from overriding the system. Hope you understand.

Awesome looking track BTW!!!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #12
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Holy macanoli!!! You have AMB system and hydro (limited or otherwise) for racers there?
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 AM   #13
stoneman
RCC Junior Contributor

Looks great.
Used to have a place on Lake Waseosa. Wish I still did

Old 09-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
Muskokarcr
RCC Noob

This track is my reason to get back in to the hobby. Dug out my old Rustler and did some bash there. Managed to shake some stuff lose need to use more locktight on some of the set screws. Will upgrade my electroncis through the tracks shop to soon.
Muskokarcr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #15
imported_ptv83
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFBCAP View Post
Holy macanoli!!! You have AMB system and hydro (limited or otherwise) for racers there?
AMB 4 will be installed in the spring.

since it is the largest r/c park in canada, with a track 1/4mile in length and 15-20ft wide lanes several pro races will be held there next season. there has also been inquiries if muskoka madtrax would like to hold the nationals. (in the words of the owner.. heck yeah, and why not, parking for hundreds, zoned and outfitted camping on sight, chalet with liquor and food, largest track in canada.)

to answer the question of interest in the area, YES. the proshop has been selling alot of high end brushless electric, aswell as a few high end nitro's to locals, but there really isn't much in the way of tracks that compare outside of hardcore rc in flamborough(my old stomping grounds).

regular visitors come from 1-2hrs in every direction and every weekend. formally only open on the weekends, members can race 24/7.

the track went through a small remodel this past week, only a few small changes were made. a section of 6 small whoops if you're good you can skips doubling them x3 and go straight for two sets of triples i've only seen brushless cars do it though. also two jumps have been changed into step ups.

the new 45ft pits with work benches and (i believe) permanent charging stations are next on the list.

updated pics and vids will be up either sunday or monday.

cheers. from all the other local members, thanks for the suppprt!
imported_ptv83 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #16
imported_ptv83
RCC Apprentice

Talking Muskoka MadraX & Hobbies, Huntsville Ontario - New Layout

so the track's had some updates, the owner's been a busy guy... it's now (walking down the center of the track) over 1650ft long!!!! for reference 1/4mile is 1380ft. minimum lane width is still over 13ft wide. and over 20ft in the widest lanes.

i've had about a dozen laps around it in the new layout and it's incredible!! plenty of opertunity to do back flips, triples, full out straights at 120km/h and of course the awesome 30ft gap will always put a smile on your face!

as i promised to many folks here and elsewhere around the internet.

here's a quick 3 pics and a link to the album after.

album link.
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...rom%20madtrax/

new 45ft pits are getting installed on the main track with working bench soon, and the oval is getting finishing touches with 20ft pits aswell.

anyhow, like i said up at the track, i posted new pics now that the layouts been finalised so you all could see before you came back. and i hope to see you guys again soon (i always enjoy the competition)

Cheers, all

Phil Verhey, Proud MadtraX member who's happy to live just around the corner!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #17
imported_ptv83
RCC Apprentice

sorry, i forgot to tell you all that you have to cut and paste (my accounts not past post limit yet)

if somebody would like to repost the pics in img tags please feel free and save others from having to cut/paste.

if somebody would like the full raw versions of the panoramics, just ask with email to send them to, but the full size and uncompressed versions are all about 10mb each (for those with bandwidth concerns).

again, Cheers! Phil
Old 09-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #18
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thanks for sharing that Phil. It's lookin' good bud.
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 AM   #19
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re madtrax hobbies track

very impressive looking facility you guys built there.

i think it would be a good idea for you guys to apply to get a glorcs race next season. i know that i would certainly make the 3.5 hour drive to race there .

with tracks like full throttle pretty much closed and glenwoods outdoor nitro track pretty much done after their glorcs race coming up this month we could use another top notch track and facility.

great job madtrax
Old 09-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #20
tefflawn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Thumbs up nice track

thats a very nice track i think theres a spot left for one more track,for the rcpro series in canada email joe parent for info this would be good for ur track next year that is the biggest series around now.great job can hardly wait to try it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in