Anyone suggest an indoor warehouse flyer... - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #11
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy
Hi hillmanr2,

Thanks for your spec advice. Just a few quick questions:

Is there a big dissadvantage in using a 2 cell Lipo for that setup instead of the 3 cell that you reccommended? How will the flight time and performance be affected?

Also, what is your opinion of the 4d reverse pitch motor setup?
Is it something worth investing in for the future?

And finally - how well do the shockflyers handle outside wind?

after doing some basic research - your specs sounds like the way to go.

Thanks again
Kevin (Newguy - especially in electric)
Question #1
It depends on what size 2 cel you are planning on using. A 400 2 cell or less is an advantage indoors as long as you keep the all up weight to less than 5.8 oz. At this weight (which is possible) you can go down to a park 250. With this motor and light equip as I originally posted you can get a shockflyer less than 5.2 oz. At this weight it would rock indoors but would be a handful in any wind.
A 2 cell 600 - 800 is a big disadvantage. I was given a 800mah 2cel. It was as heavy as a 480 3cell but lacked power with a park 300.
with a 3 cell 480 based on the equipment I described you can fly in a very light breeze.

Question 2
I will be investing in the 4d power system myself. unfortunately it requires a hollow shaft motor. I will go with the park 370 hollow shaft, it is close in specs to the axi hollow shaft. For this the 3 cell 480's will be the way to go. However a shockflyer will fly "heavy" with the heavy motor and extra servo. This is why I will use a 480, in order to keep the weight low as possible but I think I will be lucky to get more than 4 minutes. Of coarse the amount of concentration required will make a 4 minute flight seem long

Question 3
As I said it is impossible to have a plane that flys great indoor but can still handle some wind. I only fly outside when I cannot perceive the wind ie the leaves are slightly moving but I cannot feel it. Sure you can fly in windier conditions but it is not fun. Bigger foamies that can handle a breeze are generally to big for indoor, ask me how I know

I hope this helps you.

Russ
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #12
NewGuy
RCC Contributor

I am: Kevin
Radio of choice:
DX6
# of RCs: 8

Thanks Russ,

That does help a lot. I bought an an E-filte Extra 260 and the Park 300 motor today. Looks like fun to assemble.... still got to get the rest.

Cheers,
Kevin
NewGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #13
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

That looks like a very good choice.

I don't know what the instructions suggest to use for adhesive, but I assume it is foam safe ca. There is nothing wrong with foam safe, but make sure you use high quality foam safe. NHP foam safe couldn't glue hot sh#t together in the summer as far as I am concerned. Zap or Bob smith Industries (BSI) are very good glue. I prefer to use UHU creative styropor glue as it is just as light and does not create brittle joints. The other advantage of the UHU is that it will peel off of CF. It is also cheaper.
There are some tricks to the UHU glue so post if you intend to use it. It is available at Michaels craft store

I would highly recommend using epoxy for the firewall as it is light ply. CA and light ply do not mix.
PTA Hobbies

Old 01-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #14
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

I almost forgot.
TRACE THE PLANE OUT PRIOR TO BUILDING

Depron is cheap!
PTA Hobbies
Old 12-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #15
fsone
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Norm
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 18+

Total Props: 6
Re: Anyone suggest an indoor warehouse flyer...

Try the vapor its slow its quick just a blast to fly.

Norm
fsone is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in