HK Models Mosquito Twin-EP ARF (RTF less radio/lipo) w/Retracts - EPO - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 11-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
vasy
RCC Contributor

I am: Igor S
Radio of choice:
Jr X9303
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 0
HK Models Mosquito Twin-EP ARF (RTF less radio/lipo) w/Retracts - EPO

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Micquito is set to arrive on Dec20, so don't think it can make it to your house by the holidays, but maybe can serve as an early new year present

not bad for $199 + $50 shipping with all but radio an battery included. I saw this plane on easytigermodels.com for $280 + $25 shipping so total works out to be better on HK just would take longer to get it.

Contructed from crash resilient EPO foam the Mosquito comes 97% pre-built and includes powerful twin 40 size brushless outrunners and 30A (60A Total) ESCs. Also all the servos are pre-installed and all control surfaces are controlled by a total of 8 (9g) servos, including Aileron, rudder, retracts and retract bay doors. It also has functional LED navigation lights pre-installed.

Spec.
Wing Span : 1355mm
Length : 950mm
Flying Weight: 1700g
Servo: 8x9g
Motor: 2 x 40-XX Brushless outrunner
ESC: 2x30A
Prop: 2 X 3 blade (Plus two spare)
Battery required: 3S 2200mAh 20~30C

Required:
Your own TX & RX
11.1V 2200mah 3S 20~30C Lipo
Arrival Date : December 20.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mossy.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	90938  

Last edited by vasy; 11-25-2010 at 01:31 PM.
vasy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: HK Models Mosquito Twin-EP ARF (RTF less radio/lipo) w/Retracts - EPO

It sure is lovely.

Me want.

Did I mention I love twins??

What I dont understand is why that is selling for 200 bucks when the exact same hardware is packaged into the P-38 and that only sells for $130?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=12143

Same wingspan, same size battery needed, the Mosquite comes with 8 servos and the P-38 comes with 10 servos (yes, they are all crap just the same, but hey, 2 more servos have to cost something....) Trike Gear on P-38 vs dual gear on Mozzie. So why does the Mozzie cost $70 more?
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
vasy
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jr X9303

Maybe different made by different companies that want different profit margins?
I've heard a lot of complaints regarding P-38 stock equipment, will be interesting to see if this is any better.
You are also paying $80 less list price compare to what others charge for this model, so at the end of the day it is not that bad.
Maybe they also charge extra for "cool", many makes sell P-38, few Mosquite.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
MarkCrowe
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mark C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX7
# of RCs: 6

It costs more because of the 'oooh' factor, would be my guess. Being new, there are a lot of planes I'd love to fly, because they're classic planes I've liked since I was a kid. But everybody and their neighbour's dog makes Corsairs, P-51s, Cubs, Spitfires, etc. I haven't yet seen many Mosquitos around- and let's face it, the RTF/ARF/RxR people are going to be around- the next couple planes I work up to are likely going to be just that. Still, $200 compared to some of the other planes I see kicking around isn't bad.

That being said, I've also earmarked some plans for planes I'd like to build, and that's where MY Mosquito is likely to come from. BTW, Max, you mentioned you like twins... what about 4 engines? I've got a little static model of a B-17 that's whispering to me in my sleep that I'd like to fly it... someday.
Seagull Models Decathlon .40 ARF
MarkCrowe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
vasy
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jr X9303

Tey just listed the same plane but no retracts for $20 less.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in