NEW Inverza 62 by Hangar 9 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
ULTIMATE1
RCC Contributor

I am: Brian Mitchell
Radio of choice:
JR XG 11 2.4 DMSS

Total Props: 0
NEW Inverza 62 by Hangar 9

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Key Features
•A unique design with a high-level of precision and performance attention
•Modeled after the Kevin Kimball Inverza™ monoplane
•Vibrant color scheme by Mirco Pecorari offers great visibility
•Super-light wing loading provides outstanding 3D stability
•Laser-cut accurate, balsa/balsa-plywood construction delivers a rigid structure
•Two-piece, plug-in wings with aluminum-tube wing joiner
•Removable two-piece horizontal stab with dual aluminum tubes for easy transport
•Large control surfaces offer incredible response
•Genuine UltraCote® covering and factory applied graphics
•Painted high-strength aluminum landing gear
•Pre-fitted hinges and low parts count help the build go quickly
•Large removable top-hatch with tinted canopy and cockpit detail
•Gas/petrol ready fuel tank
•High-quality hardware package features ball-links with turnbuckles
•Optional electric motor conversion kit

Overview

The Hangar 9® Inverza™ 62 ARF airplane is based on the Inverza dream project lead by full-scale aircraft builder Kevin Kimball. Although yet to be built, its announcement has turned the aerobatic community on its ear with a unique blend of style and performance. As a tribute to that bold vision, the Inverza 62 has been designed to deliver versatile performance with a refined blend of precision and hardcore 3D agility. Everything about its design, from its fit and finish to its original outline, reflects exceptional attention to the needs of performance minded pilots. It’s massive control surfaces, and large wing area makes it predictable in slow flight and stable during the most demanding 3D maneuvers.

Its two-piece wing connects with a sturdy aluminum wing tube and the ailerons and elevators feature pre-fitted hinges so you can get flying faster. The oversized hatch features a tinted canopy, scale instrument detail and an ideal location for the 30–33% scale pilot figure of your choice. Other great features include factory painted aluminum landing gear, plus a factory painted fiberglass cowl and matching wheel pants. Covered in genuine UltraCote®, its balsa/balsa-plywood structure is strong and light, while the original Mirco Pecorari design scheme offers stunning looks, incredible ground presence and high visibility in the air.

The Hangar 9 Inverza 62 clearly reflects what has been missing from the world of giant-scale freestyle and precision aerobatics and has all the makings of becoming the next influential design of the scale aerobatics interest. But if you want to add the ultimate in reliability in addition to great handling, match your airplane with the Evolution® 62GXi 62cc gas engine with SureFire™ electronic fuel-injection technology. The result is a level unprecedented performance, the likes of which the 50–60cc class aerobatic category has never seen. So if you want to make a bold impression at your next 3D fun-fly or scale-aerobatics contest, pack the Hangar 9 Inverza 62 and be part of the next aerobatics revolution.
Due Late April, 2014
$749.99*
Product Specifications

Wingspan:

88.0 in (2235mm)

Overall Length:

84.8 in (2153mm)

Wing Area:

1,600 sq. in. (103 sq. dm.)

Flying Weight:

17 lb (7.7 kg)

Engine Size:

62cc 2-stroke gas

Motor Size:

Power 360 outrunner

Radio:

6+ channel radio system

Servos:

(5) ultra-torque standard servos

Trim Scheme Colors:

UltraCote Flame Red (U883), Midnight Blue (U885), White (U870)

Wing Loading:

24.5 oz/sq ft

Prop Size:

23 x 9 - 25 x 12

Spinner Size:

3.5 in (89mm) P-51 lighting back plate

Speed Control :

160-amp brushless

Recommended Battery:

44.4V 12S 5000mAh 30C LiPo flight pack (6S x 2)

Flaps:

No

Retracts:

No

Approx. Flying Duration:

10 minutes for gas setup, 5 minutes on EP

Minimum Age Recommendation:

14 years

Experience Level:

Intermediate

Recommended Environment:

Outdoor

Assembly Time:

7-9 Hours

Is Assembly Required:

Yes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	han5195_main-12.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	229682   Click image for larger version

Name:	han5195_main-7.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	229683   Click image for larger version

Name:	han5195_main-3.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	229684   Click image for larger version

Name:	han5195_detail-6.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	229685  

Click image for larger version

Name:	han5195_engine_03.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	229686   Click image for larger version

Name:	han5195_detail-2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	229687  

MAAC#36018

Last edited by ULTIMATE1; 01-09-2014 at 01:51 PM.
ULTIMATE1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #2
ULTIMATE1
RCC Contributor

I am: Brian Mitchell
Radio of choice:
JR XG 11 2.4 DMSS

Re: NEW Inverza 62 by Hangar 9

MAAC#36018
ULTIMATE1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
DLEVETT
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Dave Levett
Radio of choice:
JR12x
# of RCs: 6

Hey Brian thanks for the video.
Now for my long winded wind bag commentary! lol
I love the look of the Inverza's and the quality of H9 planes in general.
However, I have a problem with the pricing strategy that Horizon Hobby has chosen to employ over the past couple of years.
They are now asking a premium price for what is still not considered by many to be a premium product. IMO
I can get Extreme Flight planes (premium product) shipped to the border for within 7-12% of what a H9 Inverza 33 and 62 costs.
I find it hard to put down the cash on one of these bad boys with that in mind.
I know first hand, I tried to last weekend at the LHS and just couldn't walk out with one. The Inverza 33 was going to cost $645 out of the door or wait a week and get another EF Extra 300 78" for $688. Its a tough call and probably even tougher for the bean counters at HH. Just look at Great Planes they,ve pretty much packed in there performance series ARFs program.
DLEVETT is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6

I'm looking forward to trying one out in the near future. I think it will be a very good flyer. There's absolutely nothing wrong with H9's performance line-up. The H9 35% 260 was an awesome flying machine and performed extremely well in IMAC and Freestyle competitions at the top level.

The H9 Extra 300 that replaced it is easily as good except has an even higher roll rate, making it extremely capable. The 42% Sukhoi is awesome as was the later generation 33%.

I fly an Extreme Flight 110 Yak, and although very good, I don't feel it is any better than the offerings put out by H9. The biggest difference is the fan-base. Extreme Flight and 3D HobbyShop have marketed themselves very well and have built up a very loyal following of fan-boys. I have owned both and do appreciate the the quality of their products, but still wouldn't say they're above H9.

Any of the brands mentioned will perform well, as will many others not mentioned.

What I do enjoy about EF and 3DHS is the variety of sizes and different offerings that they have in their inventory. This is something that H9 (Horizon Hobby) won't compete with because they just don't have to. Horizon isn't specializing in this segment. They offer some very good planes in this segment and don't feel the need to over-do it. EF and 3DHS only do high-performance planes, really. It's their thing, so to speak.
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
Old School Flyer
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Hanes E.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 20

I'm a current owner of all 3 companies listed. For everyday bang around, the H9 stuff can't be beat. They are tough and fly well. The availability of spare parts is second to none. 3 years after being discontinued I could still order a new cowl and have it in days. I will add one of these in my hangar. I'm still enjoying the carden H9 extra. As for the price comment I don't see it. I got my h9 carden for 699 and my 3dhs slick for. 769 Canadian Plus taxes and the 3dhs was plus ship'n. As this is a dealer based products and support is further reaching with the h9 then the others listed

Last edited by Old School Flyer; 05-19-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old School Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 9503

Love the primer system! It sounds pretty decent, as well. Power looks like it'll be good and it sounded pretty smooth! Should be an interesting engine.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:53 AM   #7
MikeCam
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan F

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler P View Post

I fly an Extreme Flight 110 Yak, and although very good, I don't feel it is any better than the offerings put out by H9.
Your comparing an EF plane that is 5 years old or more in design to one that H9 just released, so yes your statement would be correct. The H9 planes compare to a 5 year old EF design.

Try the new 91" offerings from EF before making judgements, be careful though, EF will have you

I'm not going to settle for an inferior flying plane just so I can get parts 3 years later but that's just me.
MikeCam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 9503

Lol, not saying the EF's aren't sexy. They clearly are. But there's nothing wrong with the way any of the new H9 planes fly or how they're constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCam View Post
Your comparing an EF plane that is 5 years old or more in design to one that H9 just released, so yes your statement would be correct. The H9 planes compare to a 5 year old EF design.

Try the new 91" offerings from EF before making judgements, be careful though, EF will have you

I'm not going to settle for an inferior flying plane just so I can get parts 3 years later but that's just me.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason L.
Radio of choice:
DS-16
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 22

Already been looking at this plane, to bad it won't fit in my car oh well. Guess i'll have to go Inverza 33 WOOP WOOP !!!:Happy_D ance::Happy _Dance:
dashpuppy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in