IMAC 2007 Rule Change Proposals - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
Brian Facey

Total Props: 0
IMAC 2007 Rule Change Proposals

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just went to the IMAC website to check out President Wally Pitts "State of the Union" (IMAC) address on October's Quick Charge.

It looks like many of those chronic complainers about IMAC on Doug Conkrite's SA list among others, didn't even bother to comment on the Rule Change Proposals when they had the chance. I bet they will after some of those rules go into effect.

Only about 3% of 1000+ members bothered to comment. The BOD and executive were shocked and disapointed at the super low response considering all the complaints in the past regarding "not enough input available for the members." When given the chance, virtual silence!

I certainly am glad those 30 members that responded were all from Ontario, ehh guys ?
Brian Facey is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 1
Heres a link to the 2007 RCPs, all 39 of them.

http://www.mini-iac.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=251

I know Im one of the 30 who commented. Some of the proposals are quite good, as they clean up a bit of confusion surrounding some of the existing judging criteria. Others... well Im not so sure.

The major changes are,

Removal of the pilot and dash rule.
Removal of any reference to the "Aerobatic Box" and its existing dimensions, and replace it with the new "Aerobatic Airspace" with its new criteria.
Removal of the judges required concurrence on zeros.
Modifying the requirements on forcing a pilot to move up a class.

Be sure to look at the above link guys. These changes are significant.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:30 AM   #3
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
IMAC rule changes

Why require a clear canopy if you aren't forcing the pilot/dash rule? Because it looks more real? I think if you have a clear canopy and no pilot it makes the plane look more like a toy model than anything

This is supposed to emulate full scale, so I vote for keeping the pilot ...at least my planes will have one

I do agree to the moving up rule. especially in underrepresented classes like Intermediate. Going from there to Advanced is one huge jump!!
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

Re: IMAC rule changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE
This is supposed to emulate full scale, so I vote for keeping the pilot ...at least my planes will have one
So will mine Lee. They just don't look right without a dash and pilot! I've never seen a full size Aerobatic plane flying without one either.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
jamesbissonjr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: James B

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE
Why require a clear canopy if you aren't forcing the pilot/dash rule? Because it looks more real? I think if you have a clear canopy and no pilot it makes the plane look more like a toy model than anything

I do agree to the moving up rule. especially in underrepresented classes like Intermediate. Going from there to Advanced is one huge jump!!
I agree with the pilot/panel deal. It just wouldn't be the same without them. I however didn't see any 'comment' links to each rule proposal? Did I miss it or were we just supposed to send an e-mail directly to the president? There are 'comment' links regarding the proposed sequences for next year but nothing on the rule changes?
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:06 AM   #6
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbissonjr
I agree with the pilot/panel deal. It just wouldn't be the same without them. I however didn't see any 'comment' links to each rule proposal? Did I miss it or were we just supposed to send an e-mail directly to the president? There are 'comment' links regarding the proposed sequences for next year but nothing on the rule changes?
The comment period was Aug 7 to Sept 7 James. Have a look at my first post in the link below.

https://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=17115
Old 10-15-2005, 08:35 AM   #7
jamesbissonjr
RCC Master Contributor

Ah, right. COme to think of it, I may have sent something regarding the pilot panel rule after all, I just can't remember. Babies will do that to you I guess, short term memory goes out the window.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:54 AM   #8
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbissonjr
I guess, short term memory goes out the window.
James,

Yoooo much ALUMINIUM in your diet will do that to. Are you eating some of your own shavings?

Or maybe just cause you are around it all day it's rubbing off on you...punn intended!

Try and stay warm this winter and maybe we'll do a Timmies meet this spring in Parry Sound!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #9
jamesbissonjr
RCC Master Contributor

Sounds good Jim.....stop in any time you're swinging through. I'm just a couple minutes off the highway and Timmie's is just a couple minutes up from my place.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in