Futaba T(x) Battery Removal - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Poelzer

Total Props: 0
Futaba T(x) Battery Removal

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Does anyone have any advice as to how is best to remove the transmitter battery from your Futaba Transmitter (6YG or 6EXAS). I usually have to use needle nose pliers to remove it (I hate pulling on the wires) - and this morning, I made some sparks, because my pliers hit the circuit board (shaky hands). I think the Transmitter itself is still ok though. It's too bad Futaba didn't make it easier to get your fingers on the charge end.

Thanks.
Poelzer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Vulcan1
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Not sure what type it is but I lots og times put a piece of plastic tape under the battery when I put it back in for the next time. Does not take much but leave it long enough to grab both sides when pulling.
John
Old 04-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Poelzer

Thanks for the reply. The battery itself is not a problem - it's unplugging the lead - it it "buried" into the circuit board, and I cannot grasp it with my fingers. Perhaps I should use a set of plastic pliers (if such a thing exists).

The battery is the flat type - 8 cells lined up all together (hope that helps)

Old 04-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 16
I have sometimes had to take the back off the TX (4 or 5 screws) to easily access the connector. A Pain for sure. That's why I bypassed the diode in all my transmitters to allow cycling the battery without taking the pack out. I used the excellant "how to" information available at http://www.siriuselectronics.com/ind...ge=diode_sheet.

I used 2 amp "Pico fuses" (TM) that I soldered in place. If something shorts the power connector the fuse will blow leaving the Tx operational, but I wont be able to cycle the battery in situ.

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
Vulcan1
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Dave is giving good advice but if you don't want to bypass the diode then you should be able to get a set of plastic tweezers that would do the job. If you know anybody in the medical end of things they should be able to get hold of them after being used. Mine came from a sterile suture kit and they where used for getting the stuff out of the wrapper. Never touched any part of a body or fluid but garbage after the procedure. Drug stores should also have them. I have had a pair for quite a while and my main use is getting pc boards out of the etchant (acid)
John
Old 05-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #6
Zathis
RCC Apprentice

I used the shortest servo extention I could buy and plugged one end into the battery slot on the board and then I plug the battery into the other end. There is enough room to poke the extra wire in between the board and the case.
Zathis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
Poelzer

thanks...

...for all the suggestions....much appreciated.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in