GO 3+2 Port and EFRA 2047 3-Chamber pipe. - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #11
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bill N.

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekno View Post
Nice! This engine is gunna rock. question, does the engine share the same conrod as the other go engines. Reason i ask is i might get an extra conrod. Thanks. Tekno.
Yup same conrod

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 AM   #12
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re 5 port engine and pipe

hey speed metal

how much for the 5 port engine and one of those wicked looking pipes?

hook me up bro. ill come by your place and pick them up .

let me know ,

thanks
Old 02-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #13
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash metal View Post
hey speed metal

how much for the 5 port engine and one of those wicked looking pipes?

hook me up bro. ill come by your place and pick them up .

let me know ,

thanks
Check yer PM's Thrash.

regards

speed metal

Old 02-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #14
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

Thumbs up First tank.

Well I ran the first tank through that 3-port GO R-Spec. I'm going to run it in my truggy as I'm hoping the 3-port config will help it build the torque a truggy needs. Judging by the sleeve work this sucker will make good power! Here's a couple of pics of the engine and pipe in my truggy just before ignition.

I pre-heated the engine until the head temps were 200F and block was reading about 145F. Put the freshly charged igniter on the O'Donnell 97T plug, primed the carb with fuel, and hit the starter box.

It fired right up and stalled. I hit the box again, it fired up right away and I gave it about a half throttle pull to clear it a little bit and it sat there and burbled away quite happy with its rich setting. Held 200F with a sock wrapped around the head no problem while oil was being spit all over the place. I richened it up some more and temps dropped to 180 so a three second hit from the heat gun brings it right back up to 205F and it drops slowly. Tank took an easy 10 minutes to idle through. Maybe more. I didn't keep track and I forgot to hit the timer on my radio. I'll remember next time.

The sound that comes out of that pipe is sweet. But for a 3-chamber pipe it's quite loud. Has a deadly rasp to it that I really like! Even with the rich setting the throttle is reasonably crisp in a blubbery sort of way LOL!

Anyways tank number two comes later on tonight or tomorrow. I'll actually get to drive it!

regards

speed metal
Old 02-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #15
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

that go engine looks sweet bro. Can't wait to get mine. It looks like she idled good. Can't wait for the next update. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #16
NS
RCC Contributor

I am: Nathan Stewart

Good bang for the buck

Bill,

The motor definitely looks to be fabricated at a "better than average" rate as it has some nice features like the high end rigs.

Providing the materials used in the crucial parts (Piston, sleeve, conrod) are adequate, that will be a really good motor for the money.

Regards,
Nathan
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:41 PM   #17
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS View Post
Bill,

The motor definitely looks to be fabricated at a "better than average" rate as it has some nice features like the high end rigs.

Providing the materials used in the crucial parts (Piston, sleeve, conrod) are adequate, that will be a really good motor for the money.

Regards,
Nathan
indeed I agree 100% Judging by looks alone these engines are winners. If I get the 6-8 gallons these engines are supposed to last then they'll be an awesome deal for the money. There's gonna be two 5-ports at the Red Deer Nats so we shall see how they do.

regards

speed metal
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #18
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

Tank #2

Well the second tank went by without a hitch. Did everything the same as last time. I heated up the entire engine and fired up when I got a head temp of 200F.

The engine whirred on the starter box as it drew fuel into the carb and brrrrrrRRRRAAPPPP! It burped, spat and came to life and settle into a burbly fat idle with tons of smoke. Beautiful. Let it idle for a minute and drop it on the ground!

With the sock on the head the temps were coming in at 215-225. A touch too high so soon. So I richened up the top and bottom a little bit and bingo 200-205! Perfect! Just tapping the throttle and doing laps up and down the court behind my house. Since my neighbors are in Mexico I don't have to worry about irritating them. Not that they ever complain (my neighbors are great!!)

Even at these fairly rich settings, throttle inputs are well received by this engine. It really wants to pull. And that sound! Man it is SWEEEET! I gotta get another one of these pipes for myself. Anyways, the temps help nicely in range, smoke and oil splatter was plentiful enough to make me comfortable and I just ran my XT8 up and down the street tapping the throttle. When I saw it was almost out of fuel, I pulled it in and shut it down. I also shut my radio down before I could get the timer reading (D'OH!!! Again!!!) But the runtimes feel like they'll be acceptable.

All in all, I'm very happy so far. The two break-in tanks went very smoothly. The engine starts very easily once preheated and primed. It feels like it's going to have competitive power! We shall see.

regards

speed metal
Old 02-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #19
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

another nice update Bill.It seems to be running good and idle too. One question did you still use the heat gun to start her up today? Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #20
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekno View Post
another nice update Bill.It seems to be running good and idle too. One question did you still use the heat gun to start her up today? Tekno.

Yes I heated the engine up until I got a head temp of 200F and used the sock again to keep it from cooling off too fast.

regards

speed metal
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in