Anyone flying the newest FMS P51 V8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 03-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
BigJohn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: john g
Radio of choice:
Spektrum dx8

Total Props: 4
Anyone flying the newest FMS P51 V8

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi guys, anyone flying the newest V8 P51 from FMS. I order one for the coming flying season, I order the Red tail one as I figured it would easier for my tired eyes to see in the air. Looks great from the video as it shows well in the air. Link it to YouTube which shows the plane. John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7669__71203_1382832273_1020_1020.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	253538  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
Deryl
RCC Noob

I am: Deryl K
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 30

Total Props: 0
Re: Anyone flying the newest FMS P51 V8

I have 2 of them excellent flyer you can get more pitch out of the prop and use a 5000 lipo also a gear door actuator to close on landing and I have a great Merlin sound system
Deryl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
BigJohn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: john g
Radio of choice:
Spektrum dx8

Total Props: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryl View Post
I have 2 of them excellent flyer you can get more pitch out of the prop and use a 5000 lipo also a gear door actuator to close on landing and I have a great Merlin sound system
I had read guys are running a 4/3600-4/4000 packs in the P51 and getting 10 min's out of them. Which sound system are you running a MrRCSound as I was looking at the latest V4.1 but I will fly the P51 first and see how it flies and if I feel comfortable enough to add weight. The V8 P51 comes with a 6 second delay on the gear doors and they close up after the cycle to keep with the scale. I have read something about changing pitch of the blades and running the 580 motor instead of the 540 stock motor but I can't find were they did it so I could see. The P51 arrived at my nephews(state side)so I am hopeful if the weather gets better I may take a run over to pick it up tomorrow night as I have the day off. John

Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #4
Deryl
RCC Noob

I am: Deryl K
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 30

Total Props: 0

just google changing prop pitch in this model and it will show you, some say to upgrade the esc because of heat but I didnt and flew it a year with no problem and I fly 8 min could probably do longer. It flys off real fast and slight wing drop with torque from large prop nothing serious it has no tendency to snap and slows right down with flaps, keep the nose down to just before flare it may balloon I land without flaps it is smoother some times, the sound system is Mr. Sound it is great. Good Luck!
Deryl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in