**Exceed Monster Rally Newbie HELP!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 11-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
marcod13
RCC Noob

I am: Marco
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0
Question **Exceed Monster Rally Newbie HELP!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi i purchased a 1/10 exceed rally monster brushed 2.4ghz from nitrorcx.

And the moment i turned it on i bound the transmitter to the receiver.

However for some reason the steering doesn't work. Like it does but it only twitches in the direction i want it to go (when i turn right) and when i turn right it doesn't do anything at all.

NOTE: whenever i shake the remote or move it slightly without touching the throttle or steering wheel, the cars' wheels twitch... is that normal?

So because the steering didn't work, i switched the throttle/steering channels so steering was on ch.1 and throttle was on ch.2 but now it is steering on ch.2 and throttle on ch.1.

Good news: the steering works, it turns and doesn't twitch while I'm using the throttle to turn left (forward) and to turn right (reverse). And the steering wheel is controlling the direction of tire rotation left is forwards and right is reverse (or vice versa).

So does this mean that when i got my car, the transmitter was simply defective? And i need a new one.

My friend has a 2.4ghz receiver so ill try that with mine. But can anyone suggest anything else?

Id really like a response on this before i send out my transmitter, servo and receiver to be exchanged.

Thanks.
marcod13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
RayMan
RCC Contributor

I am: Ray Hooff

Re: **Exceed Monster Rally Newbie HELP!!

Well sorry to say Exceed aint very good at all, trust me you will upgrade soon And there electronics aint any better and you could get a nice cheap brushless system after this, but for now it does sound defective, but what also does that is low batteries, are they new/charged? Radio and all? How are all the wires? But yeah if it is defective they change it for free (except shipping :P ) but first of course try your friends receiver, or even any radio that he has. Ray
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

Seems a little weird that it works ok when the steering servo is plugged into the throttle channel and the throttle is plugged into the steering... I've never heard of something working that way but not the proper way. If you have an extra servo around try that as well as ensuring the batteries are new as posted above.
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
marcod13
RCC Noob

I am: Marco
# of RCs: 1

hey it was the transmitter, thanks for the advice everyone!
marcod13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Tags
2.4ghz , exceed , monster rally , problem , transmitter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in