Drivers Stand. - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 PM   #21

Total Props: 57

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If the driver is a "good" driver than shouldn't he/she be able to drive from any where on the drivers stand? Is that what helps to become a "good" driver?
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:29 AM   #22
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
re position on drivers stand

i agree with foxy on this one. i have driven from every postion on the drivers stand and it doesnt make any diffeence to me .

all im concerned about is making the main so i get a chance to actually go up on the drivers stand to race. lol
Old 06-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #23
johnnyboy
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John Summach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXY923
If the driver is a "good" driver than shouldn't he/she be able to drive from any where on the drivers stand? Is that what helps to become a "good" driver?
A good driver can drive from any position, BUT they will always have a preferred spot up there and should be rewarded that spot by their qualifying position IMO.

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #24
imported_Bikerbob
RCC Contributor

Quote:

I would agree with this statement if there was just you on the stand. What we are talking about here is the benefit gained from running your first (2nd 3rd.. whatever) qualifier well so that you can get a spot on the stand that you don't have to deal with the elbows, girth (I am not throwing rocks here ) Heads being leant out over the rail during the race.. the guy that figits when racing, the talker, WHATEVER!!

Sure we can all DEAL WITH IT.. we are talking about a reward. Personally.. I like to be as close to the stairs as possible. This gives me the best vantage so that I don't have to strain my view to one side of the track or the other for the majority of the race. SO I would hurry up the stairs to attempt to get this position.. I have.. I will again..
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!!
...in RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #25

I'm not trying to say this is a bad idea. Just maybe keep it for the mains for now and leave the qualifiers fist come first serve. I did like the idea of the time issue. If #1 is holding up the main he/she shouldn't be allowed to pop up on the drivers stand and bump out those who were ready to go and on the stand on time.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #26
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor

I am: sir rcalot

we should go back to our childhoods, an argument over one spot can be resolved by a simple match of rock paper scissors. 1 round, none of that best 2 out of 3.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #27

Alright guys... let's not blow this thread into stupid-land with silly comments.

As Johnny said - while a good driver can drive from anywhere on the stand - there will always be a preference and this rule allows for the driver that qualifies higher a chance get "their" prefered spot on the stand.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #28
johnnyboy
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
I'm not trying to say this is a bad idea. Just maybe keep it for the mains for now and leave the qualifiers fist come first serve. I did like the idea of the time issue. If #1 is holding up the main he/she shouldn't be allowed to pop up on the drivers stand and bump out those who were ready to go and on the stand on time.
I don't think any of the drivers would intentionally hold everyone up just because they can bump people. I (and most of the people there) am usually ready and staged before the previous race is over..

Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy
I don't think any of the drivers would intentionally hold everyone up just because they can bump people. I (and most of the people there) am usually ready and staged before the previous race is over..
Sorry, I wasn't implying people would intentionally hold things up just to bump somebody from a position on the stand. I was just saying that if you do happen to hold up the start of the race becasue your not ready then maybe you loose your right to the driver stand bump. I would think if the other drivers are ready you should be to? I realize there are situations where you just can't get things ready in time, wether your running 2 classes and just finnished marshalling then you have to race again (I've done this so I knwo how little time there is). I guess it would depend on the situation and would be a call the race director would have to make. Or just forget what I have said altogether.:IDEA:
Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #30
johnnyboy
RCC Pro Contributor

For sure. I would think it can be kept be pretty casual/friendly with the group of guys we have running there and the race director can definitely make the call if it is warranted.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in