HPI Car Modifaction Electric/Nitro (Good Idea or Bad Idea) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 03-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
vfa-123
RCC Apprentice

I am: matt
Radio of choice:
traxxas
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0
Elec HPI Car Modifaction Electric/Nitro (Good Idea or Bad Idea)

Hey dudes, I just bought a HPI E10 Touring Electric On-Road Car and it comes 4WD. I have pulled the drive shaft to make it RWD and left the motor layout connected to the rear end what do you think? (it could be done to run as a FWD aslo). But before any buddy blow's a lid I have a 32(inch) Nitro Dragster built from the rear-end of an HPI RS4 On-Road car that is now RWD, it seems to run fine but I have not done full throttle runs yet. I was just gonna get some other opinons on here and see what others have to say.

cheers,Matt.
vfa-123 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX 20 & DX 18 stealth
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 237
Re: HPI Car Modifaction Electric/Nitro (Good Idea or Bad Idea)

rear wheel drive cars take a lot more skill to drive, I put a os 18 in my old 10L pan car ,it is a hoot to drive ,it goes so fast when it spins out it flips up in the air like a nascar ,I took it out with my buds and they could not touch it with there 4WD stuff in the large oval ,this thing comes out of the corners like a slot car.the trick I found was lots of down force and foam tires .it's crazy light only 1/3 the weight of the other 4WD cars.if you drop the 4WD you will have to shed a lot of weight to make it worth while.
Roger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in