Something I think is amazing... - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 09:07 PM   #21
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Yeah or your sister gets to them first! :P
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:27 AM   #22
bmwkadet

Total Props: 0
You're right Andrew-

airplane>0 Sister>6

and counting...
bmwkadet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:19 PM   #23
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 16
There must be something in the name....

We have young chap in our club named Brandon as well, and he is exceptional also. Mind you, he has not yet built a work of art like you have, BMWKadet, but he holds the current club record for getting his wings quickly. He was signed off in five flights, and was flying inverted on his second. It was a hoot watching him give his dad instruction, believe me!

Our Brandon now is one of our most proficient young fliers, and he's been flying for one season only.

Once again, well done BMWKadet, well done! I hope to get as good as you are now some day, and I am four times your age!

Dave
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #24
Colin
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 13
haha Brandon, it was very funny...but the plastic didn't smell to good Here is a pic of the little pos before I burnt it. I actually only wanted to burn the tip of the wing...but it got out of control and the dope caused a small "WOOF" I would like to get another one and build it for fun. The first one I ever built my dad helped me with and is real straight...but I haven't flown it, it may sound stupid but to me it has some sentimental value

Colin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscf0121.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	2031  
Old 04-06-2004, 07:15 PM   #25
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Colin, build about 50 of those and you really learn how to build models! Seriously! Thats what I get my students to do - and before they are allowed to use CA they have to use sigment only... its unforgiving glue if you are familiar with it, it doesnt band-aid a poorly fit joint.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:25 PM   #26
Rammer64

What can we say?

Nuthin' much to say other than "congratulations!" Brandon

Sounds to me like we have a "MINI AJ" on our website! :P :P :P
Rammer64 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:36 PM   #27
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Just wait - he is supposed to be getting his drivers liscence soon... hopefully this summer he can drive ME to the fun flies and I can sleep... heh heh... Boy am I smart or what?

Old 04-07-2004, 06:21 AM   #28
Colin
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 13
LOL Andrew, I've bult a glow plane (.10 size) and it flys fine...the design is just bad (flying wing) I think I'm gonna burn it as well I also built a glider from scratch (only very small) and it flew.....but someone walked over it! One day I might be able to build something like Brandon did. Been flying planes for 7 years...but don't ask me to build or cover I'd like to get another rubber powerd model just for the fun of it. I think I built my first rubber powerd one ok, but have not flown it. I need some help from Brandon haha.

Colin
Old 04-07-2004, 02:40 PM   #29
xv-townboy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
Futaba/Spektrum
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 16
this just goes to show than in life we all could benefit from a mentor.i doesnt have to be your father obviously but just someone that you can look up to and learn from.i've always believed this and i know that it made a difference in my life.So kudos to you Andrew!!for taking the time to share some of your knowledge with young people,who now more than ever need positive direction with all the crap going on in the world today.i myself work with youth and some of the kids i deal with are already in trouble big time..but every now and again i get the opportunity to really make a difference..nothing better to see the look on a young mans face thats had nothing but crap going on in his life,often times his whole childhood has been a bad experience..but hand him the sticks to one of my old trainers and watch the kid come out to play i love RC and most of the people in it.In a world were we can sometimes pile up the stress,it sure is a great way to let the kid out in all of us..
Old 04-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #30
bmwkadet

I do owe most of my success to Andrew!

Andrew really does some good things for the modeling kids of our town. Almost every weekend he invites us over to his shop to work on planes. It gives the kids a place to come relax and just build!

I remember back when I didn't have so much homework (oh how I miss that time ) I would work on planes for at least an hour a night. The last time I even walked into my workshop was at least two weeks ago. Two much homework lately...

Anyways, Andrew's the one who brought me to the field all those weekends, and the funfly's, and I don't think I would be half as good a pilot as I am now without his help. Thanks
bmwkadet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in