yellowman
RCC Contributor

I am: Allan G.
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1
Evolution Engine 58GX Tune Up

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have an Evolution Engines 58 GX. I have read many posts good and bad.
Just for the record, I was unsure at first but now,..WOW what power and starts and runs perfect with lots of RPM!!
First off, make sure that the choke linkage closes the choke butterfly ALL the way. I had to play with mine to get the butterfly centered and to close all the way. Once you get that, it starts every time..three four flips with the choke on and then within three more.
Next,..take the exhaust and cut off the rolled in ends on the outlets. This is causing too much back pressure to let the engine breath. The carb settings I believe that each one might be different but my high speed was a little less than 1 and 1/4 turn and the low speed at 1 and 1/2 turn.
Before I did this the engine lacked power and RPM. I went to a 23-8 prop and it was better. Then after the changes I was SHOCKED!!! 6950 RPM with the 23-8 and 6200 with the 24-10 prop!!
There is NO hesitation between low and high and the throttle response is great!! No more sputtering and hesitation!!
I am still tuning and I will keep you posted.
Also I trimmed the gasket for the exhaust to the same size as the opening in the engine.
I will be flying it soon and I will let you know the difference!!

Al
yellowman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in