Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Brent S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 12
Re: 2015 Sequences

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Deleted

Last edited by Eye Can Fly; 11-11-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Eye Can Fly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #62
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Can Fly View Post
Need a little clarification on the Sportsman sequence. Do the rolls need to be done in the direction that they are on the Aresti (flying Left to right you would need to roll to the left in both the stall/spin and the humpty down line to prevent having to be flying straight at the judging panel) and vice-versa flying Right to left, in order to be flying to proper direction in the rest of the sequence....

BTW Dyslexia is a bugger!!!!
Pilot's choice which direction you roll or spin - but as you noted, the spin in one direction will take you cross box outbound and the spin in the other direction will bring you cross box inbound (towards yourself, and yes the judges). That then will affect the direction you roll in the humpty to take you back in (if you went out first) or take you back out (if you came in).

If you are good you can spontaneously choose the direction depending on wind direction and whether you are getting blown in or blown out. Or if one maneuver is taking you out, you will want to fly the next one to bring you back in (or vice-versa).

The arrows do not dictate which direction you have to roll unless there are linked rolls or snaps on the lines, even then you can roll or snap either direction as long as you pay attention to whether the arrows are same direction or opposite.

In a quick glance at Sportsman you don't have multiple rolls or snaps on the same line so no need to worry. But the roll direction will need to work with the rest of the maneuver so you end up headed the right direction when you are done that figure.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #63
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16

Deleted

Last edited by Eye Can Fly; 11-11-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #64
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21

Technically, to be truly correct, if you go cross box outbound on the spin you can also go outbound on the humpty ...... but then you are way the heck out there (ACS score!!) ..... so if you go out on the spin you will generally want to come in on the humpty ...... unless the wind is blowing you in like crazy !! Like wise if you are getting blown out you might want to come in on the spin and then perhaps back out on the humpty. All about placement. I hope you follow me.

The main thing in relation to your original question is that the arrows in the Aresti don't tell you which way to roll or spin ..... exception is rollers ..... if the arrows come inward then it is an inside roller .... if they go outwards then it is an outside roller.

If there are multiple rolls / snaps / spins on the same line you do need to pay attention to whether they point same direction or opposite. You only need to worry about that in Intermediate and above.

I will admit that given a choice I prefer spinning to go cross box outbound but it all depends on the wind and the angle to stall the plane. In Basic you can fly the spin either direction and not sweat it .... but as you go up in level then you tend to have to make the spin go the direction you want to go.

My personal nemesis are rollers coming towards myself ..... causes sphincter clamping "extraordinaire" !! (en francais)
Old 11-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #65
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16

Deleted

Last edited by Eye Can Fly; 11-11-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:54 AM   #66
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

For those that have trouble reading Aresti........ you should really learn!

In the mean time this may help.......

http://www.jtecrc.com/imacsequences.html
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in