S.P.A.D.s Discuss SPADS

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 11:20 PM   #1
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Chris l

Total Props: 0
ccedge 540 with flight report

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Here's what I've been up to in spad land. Its a ccedge following Chris' plans to the letter, 2mil wing and fuse with 4mil control suraces. Power is from a OS46fx turning a 12.25x3.75 apc prop, all up weight sans fuel is 4lbs13oz. I found a sign shop here is Saskatoon that gets me 2mil coro, and has some of the funkiest vinyl I've ever seen. The red stuff is actually reflective like a stop sign, actually so is the green, although its harder to tell. Anyway I just wanted to show off to an appreciative audience. Here's the pic
treecutter is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:37 AM   #2
SpadHawk
RCC Contributor

I am: Harry K
Radio of choice:
FrSky Taranis, Horus
# of RCs: 23

nice looking plane treecutter. I want to make one of these too but I have way too many projects on the go this year. I got a somthin extra for Christmas and would like to build the ccedge to compare them.
looking forward to your flight report
SpadHawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

Thanks!, I had a somethin extra too, I loved that plane flew GREAT!! , but it isn't really a 3d machine, loads of fun though, I'm hoping this one is a little more 3d able.

Old 02-08-2004, 09:25 PM   #4
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: matt s

nice paint job!
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:26 PM   #5
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

this plane is one of Chris's designs, i have never seen it before?
Old 02-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

Matteo, how could you expect to keep up with all of them? Here's the link to the plans if your interested http://<a href="http://users3.ev1.ne...llist.html</a>
Old 02-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #7
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I want to build this one and make it electric. http://users3.ev1.net/%7Ecdjump/main...e/gallery.html ,but maby closer to the summer.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #8
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

I finally got some weather to fly in . I took the edge out and the 46fx fired right up with no trouble. I had a friend hand launch the plane and it was flying right away, and straight up! I needed a load! of down trim, after I got that dialed in just a little left aileron and all was well. I did my best to wring it out once I was comfortable, on the first fligh I took it pretty easy, the roll rate is really good, and the rudder authority is insane, I mean knife edge loops are REALLY tight, high speed flight is not really its strong point but it did cruise along pretty good, slow flight is where it accels and it will fly just over walking speed. The oS 46fx was more than enough to hover, allthough I only managed a couple of seconds of this, and it will pull out no problem. All in all very impessive, I am super happy, and I think the whole thing only cost $20, and on the way to the field we had both mine and my friends spad in the backseat of his car, as it turns out they weren't quite all the way in as we slammed the door, well no prblem the wings just flexed to accomadate our foolishness, no damamge at all! I love spads!!!!
Old 09-06-2004, 04:12 PM   #9
spad frank

Mine flies great but at high speed i get elevator flutter! I did put the 1/8" piano wire u re-inforcement but it still flutters! Any suggestions?

spad frank
spad frank is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:18 PM   #10
treecutter
RCC Senior Contributor

Fly slower! No really mine did the same thing, not a problem as long as you are 3D style flying....and back off the throttle in the down lines. I did have some success jamming "George Forman" bbq squewers in the elevator counter-balances. Maybe try that?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in