Onslaught over Oakville a blast!!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 02:05 PM   #1
Sideslip

Total Props: 0
Onslaught over Oakville a blast!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Congratulations to Dave "Crosscheck" Fallowfield for hosting a great 2610 scale combat event at the Oakville Model Flyers' north field on Saturday the 21st.

The turnout was great and the aircraft represented were a great example of what scale combat planes should be like... especially Jeff "Iceman" Truemner's twin .15 BF 110, and Mike "DeadEye" Allen's Ki-61 Tony's, with combat flaps!!!

In 6 rounds of hard combat there was only one midair, between Lance "Lucky" Leroux's P51 Mustang and Gary "Bent" DelBelBelluz's beautifull F4U Corsair. The Corsair came out of the encounter OK, but the P51 sheared a wing and went in to the bush so realistically, it was like a scene out of Battle of Brittain!

Tops scores went to Alex "Midair" Plarina, Mike "DeadEye" Allen and "Lucky" Lance Leroux respectively.

On a personal note... I used this event as an opportunity to try out a couple of new aircraft. First was a true scale coroplast Focke Wulf TA-152. This was a fast plane with a good roll rate, but looped fairly poorly due to the need for low rates on the elevator to avoid a nasty snap roll. I caught a fair chunck of streamer far out on my right wing tip, and while rolling to try and shake it off, I made the mistake of banking right... the drag from the streamer put my in to a stall and the TA-152 went in to a slow flat spin, spinning 5 or 6 times before hitting the ground.

After that I tried a fairly small Bearcat. With a .15 engine and very small wingspan (32"), the Bearcat was comparatively slow... but I did have rudder on this plane, and found that I could perform fairly tight stall turns. I actually caught a streamer with this little guy and made it through the round in one piece, only to crush my balsa cowl with a hard landing

The remaining rounds were fought with the tried and true Mig-7. In one round in particular, My Mig and one of Iceman Truemner's ended up the only two planes mid way through the round, and got in to an exciting one on one dogfight right down on the deck. If I recall correctly, we both had our streamers attached by the time "end combat" was called.

All in all, it was a fantastic event. If you haven't tried scale or open combat yet, I'd certainly recommend it to anyone!
Sideslip is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Sounds like a great time Dave,

Any pointers on where to get more info/rules, I'm feeling an urge to try scale combat.
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:09 PM   #3
Tattoo

http://www.rccombat.com/rcca.asp
Tattoo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:09 AM   #4
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Wish I was there!

Dave,

Thanks a h@@l of a whole lot
Now I am really I missed it!

Spent my Sunday stuck in LA CA, on the job.. rushed to LAX, thought I was going to miss my plane only to find it was two hours late..... arrive in Calgary and got to my hotel at 02h00 Monday morning!!!

Oh well maybe next year!

How did the Me110 fly?
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:04 PM   #5
Sideslip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcIntyre
Sounds like a great time Dave,

Any pointers on where to get more info/rules, I'm feeling an urge to try scale combat.
Hi Jim,

Try MAAC's Open Combat Pages at

www.aircombat.ca/rccombat

The Scale combat pages are being created right now, and will be at the same URL and about a week or so...but much of the general info is the same.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:15 PM   #6
Sideslip

Re: Wish I was there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy
Dave,

Thanks a h@@l of a whole lot
Now I am really I missed it!

Spent my Sunday stuck in LA CA, on the job.. rushed to LAX, thought I was going to miss my plane only to find it was two hours late..... arrive in Calgary and got to my hotel at 02h00 Monday morning!!!

Oh well maybe next year!

How did the Me110 fly?
Never fear, you can check out another fine day of 2610 combat at the Humber Hawks' "Death Valley Dogfight" on Sunday July 6th. We're also having an Open "B" contest the day before on Saturday July 5th... there's still slots open for registrants in both events. Email me, or just show up either day at 10:30 to register and get ready for action!

There'll be burgers and dogs on the barbie all day, and plenty of shade, so it's a great opportunity for interested folks to come out and see what's what.

Also, the Otterville club is having a 2610 CNPS event on Monday the 30th of this month...a few days from now.

Plus there'll be another fine scale combat demo staged by Ted "Tdog" Banks and his crew at the Otterville FunFly the day before. Ted has been a super energetic promoter of scale combat, and I think we have him to thank for all the increased interest and new events taking place in that class!

Iceman had his Me 110 at the Onslaught, but didn't fly it... It's slated to fly in the combat demo at the Kitchener Flying Dutchman's scale rally. I can't wait
Old 03-05-2004, 06:26 AM   #7
Cross Check
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dave F

Total Props: 9
Hi All,
Thanks SideSlip, for posting last years OoO. I only recently found this site.
The "Onslaught over Oakville MMIV" will be on Sat. June 19th 2004.
At the OMFC north field, 50km west of the CN Tower.
A big thanks to HobbyHobby, Skycraft Hobbies and Dietrick's Meats for their support last year.
There will be a WW1 demo, plus the usual WW2 combat fun.

More details later.....

Take care, have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Oakville Model Flying Club
Cross Check is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:23 AM   #8
IceEagle

Mr. Fallowfield

Just checking on this thread it was posted by Tattoo telling Mr.McItyre to check the rules on the RCCA is that correct?

If not when will the MAAC Combat Pages be ready to view I am assuming that the new rules and regulations will be there?

IceEagle
IceEagle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #9

Total Props: 57
Ice if you were go to either the Open or Scale pages look to the left hand side of the combat page and click on "Contest Package"

http://www.aircombat.ca/rccombat/set_pkg.htm

On the left near the bottom "Open Rules"

That should help you out and its even in a handy PDF form for you to type out.

Same goes for the Scale rules

http://www.aircombat.ca/rccombat/index_scale.htm

Then "Contest Package"

http://www.aircombat.ca/rccombat/setsc_pkg.htm

and of course left side bottom "Scale Rules"

Dennis Pratt
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:41 PM   #10
IceEagle

So Propworn the rules stands like this for the year or is it going to change at the end of the month?

6.2 Midairs:
Any pilot involved in a midair collision must disengage from combat, and leave the combat arena to the left, right or above, if possible. At the moment of impact, the plane shall be considered dead from scoring or being scored against. If the plane crashes as a result of the midair, the pilot shall earn +20 points for Continuous Flight. If the pilot can maneuver safely to an area outside the arena, and he/she and the Line Marshal both agree that the plane can safely continue, the plane shall be deemed alive and the pilot may re-engage and become subject to Continuous Flight scoring. If the plane is deemed unsafe, the pilot shall land immediately beyond the Safety Line and shall earn +20 points for Continuous Flight. If a flying facility makes the safe landing impossible due to its size restrictions, the pilot shall remain airborne in an area away from the Combat Arena, pilots and spectators. After the round is complete and all other aircraft have landed, the pilot may be given clearance to land the crippled aircraft. It is the CD's responsibility to give a "heads up" warning in such case. At no time shall a pilot attempt to land a crippled aircraft inside the Safety Line or near the pilots during the round. Aircraft that midair during launch are considered failed launches, and shall be treated as if the plane failed to launch.

IceEagle
IceEagle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in