Seems one individual can't let things rest! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:49 AM   #1
lightning

Total Props: 0
Seems one individual can't let things rest!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

All of you following this forum will be well aware of the controversy surrounding the introduction and approval at the AGM of Mr Plank's "land after a mid-air" rule.
The current situation (other opinions notwithstanding) is that a Canadian club can still fly under RCCA rules if they wish and the new rules do not apply.
Well, seems that is not enough for Mr Plank!!
It appears that he has sent the Safety committee a proposal to have the loophole closed that allows a club to run an RCCA event without the "land after mid-air" rule.

It proposes making the MAAC Safety rule apply (#4 - that says you have to follow the type of SIG you're flying) no matter what contest rules you fly by.
Any indoor Zagi combat folks out there - this means you too
If the safety com. votes yes it goes to the board for their approval and then it could become law again without the general membership being any the wiser.
Is this a CLUB, a good old boys network, a dictatorship or what!
Once again, where is the opportunity for the membership to have a say : : :
And as far as I am concerned, this is stepping beyond the mandate of a combat committee chair and reinforces my opinion that there IS a personal agenda at work here!
This goes way beyond combat, so any folks in ANY model discipline who are concerned about this change need to contact their Zone Director or the safety committee.
(Also posted in the General Forum for the non-combat folks - my apologies for duplication)
lightning is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
How many posts in how many forums are really necessary?

IMHO our control over RC aircraft is tenuous enough without smacking 'em together and continuing to fly assuming all is well.

My competitive drive is not strong enough to cause me enough lack of good judgement to continue flying when control is in question.
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
lightning

Total Props: 0
Jim, current MAAC/RCCA combat rules require the pilot to disengage after a mid-air and demonstrate control to his judge before re-engaging. A lot of mid-airs are a wing to wing touch and do no damage, most of the rest put two aircraft in the ground. Very few actually are questionable and the "demonstrate control" rule has worked perfectly thus far.
I have yet to see any pilot who has not deliberately ditched his plane if control was in question.
lightning is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:44 PM   #4
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Read it.

"Demonstrate control" ?
Just because you have control now, doesn't mean continued control is guaranteed. any number of failures could be wainting to happen... the wing could be hanging on by cracked dowel waiting for couple tight turns to fail...
I fail to see how continuing to fly any aircraft involved in a midair can be prudent.
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:54 PM   #5
aubej
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason A.

Total Props: 5
This is a MAAC topic...please discuss on the MAAC website.

Jason
aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in