1/18th track - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #11
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
let the racers decide

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i say that we let the 1/18 racers decide if they want to race on the full track or not.

if most of them say yes then make it happen if not then shorten the track

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

We have been through this many times before - for the 2007 Hobby Show we committed to running this class and barely had enough people to fill up one full heat.

Before Sid's got big, there was a completely separate 1/18th track available to everyone - and this is when most people had 1/18th cars instead of 1/10ths - the turnout was still very poor. I've seen racers pour more dollars into hopups for their 1/18ths than what it would cost to run a simple 1/10th.

Anyone can build a 1/18th track in their backyards. Sid's has a 115 x 60 ft (approx) track available, so we should all be taking full advantage and running 1/10th Scale while we can. If you look at the tracks that survive around North America - none of the classes are diluted - everyone runs and supports the same basic ones (1/10th Buggy, 4WD, and Truck)

If Sid's were to cease to exist tomorrow then any of us could put together a small 1/18th track and use a chair for a driver's stand.

Stop complaining about what you don't have and support what we do have available! 1/10th Electric has made a huge comeback, and we are all part of making it happen. The best option is to just shorten the 1/10th track and run the 18ths on there if there is enough of a turnout.
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #13
msteiner0539
RCC Apprentice

Complaining?

I dont really think anyone was complaining, i see it more as voicing opinions, and preferences. We all know Sids is the best place out there, and we'd be happy with either way (Full or partial). Just started the thread to see if any interest is still out there for this class.

I know i'd be there for sure, and I'm not just talking out my . I hope the rest of the 1/8th'ers arent either. They say the 18th class is the true drivers class, so I'd love to see these "drivers" out there.

Regards,

M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in