chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94
HITEC Servo flutter

Hi guys.. I need some help with a problem with my radio gear in my Sig SE. I am running a HITEC Supreme II receiver, all HITEC HS425BB servos and a HITEC Optic 6 transmitter with a Spectra Synthesised Module. The problem I have is when I turn on my Trans. then my receiver, my servos flutter radically for a second then settle down but they still twitch a bit even then. Double checked everything and everything seems OK. Anybody have this problem or have any advice what the problem could be. Thanks.

Curt

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
This result can occur when the TX is close to the RX/servos particularly when the antenna is extended.
Try moving away from the plane and if the problem stops I wouldnt worry about it too much........if you get the condition on the takeoff roll or in the air thats another matter and you must have the TX/RX checked out.......
Im assuming there isnt any possibility of interference and you havent been playing mix and match with crystals or some other ill advised mods to any of your gear :
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
Wilki
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Neil W

Total Props: 0
Re: HITEC Servo flutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuebner
Hi guys.. I need some help with a problem with my radio gear in my Sig SE. I am running a HITEC Supreme II receiver, all HITEC HS425BB servos and a HITEC Optic 6 transmitter with a Spectra Synthesised Module. The problem I have is when I turn on my Trans. then my receiver, my servos flutter radically for a second then settle down but they still twitch a bit even then. Double checked everything and everything seems OK. Anybody have this problem or have any advice what the problem could be. Thanks.

Curt
I also have simular issue. i'm using the same RX with a Futaba TX. I found my problem related to the Futaba crystal that I'm using, so I ordered a new Hitec crystal, hopefully my issue will be solved. I hope this helps. I tried the same as the previous post which I agree with as well. Good luck.

Neil
Wilki is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
1367mustang
RCC Junior Contributor

Flutter

Indoor lighting will give you this. Are you outside??

MAAC # 75074
1367mustang is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
chuebner
Administrator

Radio of choice:
Hitec

Hi Kevin.. No mods done at all to the equipment. All the gear is new and never been in another plane. As far as interferance, I don't think there is any because I'm running 3 other planes off of this transmitter with no trouble. The only thing different is that the other 3 are using the older HITEC Supreme receivers without the auto shift. They all seem fine.

Curt

Forum Rules Link
Old 05-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
chuebner
Administrator

Radio of choice:
Hitec

1367Mustang.... It does the same indoors or outside

Curt

Forum Rules Link
Old 05-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
chuebner
Administrator

Radio of choice:
Hitec

I just went out and walked away with the trans. and the control surfaces still vibrate and twitch ever so slightly. The crystal is also HITEC. HITEC equipped all the way through.

Curt

Forum Rules Link
Old 05-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
Wayne22
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: wayne b

Total Props: 13
are all the servos jittering, or just one or two?
Any flourescent lights nearby??
Does the antenna run near any metal or carbon fibre? The first simple thing I would suggest is to take the antenna wire and lay it along one of the wing panels..you might be surprised at what you find...

But if that doesn't work, try this:
A:
turn the tx and plane on.....
unplug the servos one by one from the receiver... best to turn the receiver off each time you do this.... when/if you reach one where the servos do not jitter, try plugging them all in except for the last one... If there are no more jitters, they you likely have a bad servo extension (if happens, even fresh out of the package)

If this doesn't locate the problem, go to B

B:
Bypass the switch and plug the battery directly into the Rx (as above, brand new switches can be intermittent).
if nothing, proceed to C.

C:
Take your rx and try it with a different battery, switch and servos..(maybe swap it into a different plane for this test.) If it now jitters where previously it didn't, then either your receiver or crystal is causing the problem.

If this is not the problem, go to D

D: take a dfferent receiver (one that you know does not jitter, and put in the plane that is giving you problems. It the jitters go away, once again it is the original rx or crystal. If they don't, try test A again.

If the problem is still not located, then go to E.

E.
One by one, plug each servo (you may need a long extension) into a plane that you know works fine. If you find one that starts to jitter, then there is your problem.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #9
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20
Something else to consider: if your battery is fully charged (and by this I mean, just ever so slightly over-charged as it usually is just coming off the charger), it may cause the jitter until the pack discharges below peak.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #10
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne22
are all the servos jittering, or just one or two?
Any flourescent lights nearby??
Does the antenna run near any metal or carbon fibre? The first simple thing I would suggest is to take the antenna wire and lay it along one of the wing panels..you might be surprised at what you find...

But if that doesn't work, try this:
A:
turn the tx and plane on.....
unplug the servos one by one from the receiver... best to turn the receiver off each time you do this.... when/if you reach one where the servos do not jitter, try plugging them all in except for the last one... If there are no more jitters, they you likely have a bad servo extension (if happens, even fresh out of the package)

If this doesn't locate the problem, go to B

B:
Bypass the switch and plug the battery directly into the Rx (as above, brand new switches can be intermittent).
if nothing, proceed to C.

C:
Take your rx and try it with a different battery, switch and servos..(maybe swap it into a different plane for this test.) If it now jitters where previously it didn't, then either your receiver or crystal is causing the problem.

If this is not the problem, go to D

D: take a dfferent receiver (one that you know does not jitter, and put in the plane that is giving you problems. It the jitters go away, once again it is the original rx or crystal. If they don't, try test A again.

If the problem is still not located, then go to E.

E.
One by one, plug each servo (you may need a long extension) into a plane that you know works fine. If you find one that starts to jitter, then there is your problem.
Very good advice, I would follow this to the letter. I had this with a small plane once but I was running 6volts and it only happened on a full charge. It was all JR low end stuff.
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in