T-Rex 700 gasser build.. - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro - Gas Helicopters Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for gas-nitro helicopters.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #31
petes66
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Peter C
Radio of choice:
JR 9503H
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 2
Re: T-Rex 700 gasser build..

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Noel View Post
Pete66 -Your Radikal G-30 is designed for use with 700 to 720mm blades. In stock form the 800's may not go well with the stock gear ratios.
What will they do, lower head speed, work engine to hard? I may have over look the bigger blades.

.............Haven't had nicotine it 9 months but still flying

MAAC #83325
petes66 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #32
petes66
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 9503H

Quote:
Pete66 -Your Radikal G-30 is designed for use with 700 to 720mm blades. In stock form the 800's may not go well with the stock gear ratios.
If I govern the engine to a 10,000 rpm with a 6.43 gear ratio would put the head speed @ 1,550. would that not be fine with 800mm blades?

MAAC #83325
Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #33
heli-insane
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Keith Z
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 20

Quick question for any and all gas heli flyers! Last summer i used ipone oil to mix with my fuel and this resulted in alot of carbon build up in the pipe and engine and the end result was a blown head gasket!

It took me many hours to clean the pipe and engine and after contacting B H Hanson products they advised me to use only pennzoil %100 synethetic 2 stroke outboard motor oil at all times!

Last fall after searching for weeks trying to locate this i discovered that bass pro shops in vaughn ontario carried the product i was desperately in search of.

I made the 3 hour drive to purchase some an when i arrived they told me the boat shop was not open on the weekends an i would have to come in on monday to buy it.

I thought wow this sucks and i cant stay an extra 2 days just so i could purchase the required oil.

Bass pros also would not ship me the product either.

Next week i have to be in toronto so i thought today i would get on the phone and ask them to put aside a gallon of this oil so i could pick it up!!

Bass Pro's informed me we no longer carry pennzoil 100% synthetic 2 stroke marine oil anymore!

So here i am in search of the perfect oil i can actually buy here in canada!! Must be 100% synthetic and tcw-3 certified????????????????????????????????

Thanks Keith
heli-insane is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #34
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: MikeC
Radio of choice:
RCA

Total Props: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-insane View Post
Quick question for any and all gas heli flyers! Last summer i used ipone oil to mix with my fuel and this resulted in alot of carbon build up in the pipe and engine and the end result was a blown head gasket!

It took me many hours to clean the pipe and engine and after contacting B H Hanson products they advised me to use only pennzoil %100 synethetic 2 stroke outboard motor oil at all times!

Last fall after searching for weeks trying to locate this i discovered that bass pro shops in vaughn ontario carried the product i was desperately in search of.

I made the 3 hour drive to purchase some an when i arrived they told me the boat shop was not open on the weekends an i would have to come in on monday to buy it.

I thought wow this sucks and i cant stay an extra 2 days just so i could purchase the required oil.

Next week i have to be in toronto so i thought today i would get on the phone and ask them to put aside a gallon of this oil so i could pick it up!!

Bass Pro's informed me we no longer carry pennzoil 100% synthetic 2 stroke marine oil anymore!

So here i am in search of the perfect oil i can actually buy here in canada!! Must be 100% synthetic and tcw-3 certified????????????????????????????????

Thanks Keith
3 in 1 or WD 40 ... How bout Crisco? I`ll give you 500 bux for that turd you call a heli
mikekimc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #35
petes66
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 9503H

When you find it let me know. I am also looking.

I may go with Amsoil 2 stroke synthetic, I know Pikola is using this. Bartman is using Amsoil Dominator.

MAAC #83325
Old 01-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #36
bartman
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brian C
Radio of choice:
12x,DX7,DX3r,
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-insane View Post

Thanks Keith
Quote:
Originally Posted by petes66 View Post
When you find it let me know. I am also looking.
Keith WHY DID YOU NOT CALL ME vaughn is 20 mins out of my way on the ride home from work and I would of shipped you some for cost.

Pete and Keith I look after a few marina's and power sport retailers will try and track some down.

Mike, I look after a chicken plant and found out the best head speed and reliability comes from there used CRISCO after they run about a million birds thru it. I can ship you some if you would like
bartman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #37
heli-insane
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Keith Z
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 20

Brian hook me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You find something that will work do not be shy to PM me and I will EMT you the cash ASAP!!!

Your like a life saver all the dam time!!

Keith
heli-insane is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #38
bartman
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brian C
Radio of choice:
12x,DX7,DX3r,
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 10

OK so as not to jack Pete's build thread I will start an oil thread. If we figure out what everyone wants I will source it.
bartman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #39
petes66
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 9503H

Quote:

Hey Phil, just found this. So can you get me the 17t

Century Helicopter Products
Want to swing bigger blades on your T700 Gas Converted heli? Now you can! Swing up to 810mm blades with the 17T Alloy Clutch Drive Gear for the T700 Gas Conversion.

17T Alloy Clutch Drive Gear for T700 Gas Conversion
www.centuryheli.com
Like · Comment · December 22, 2011 at 11:15am ·
Michel Kosmann likes this.

MAAC #83325
Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #40
Phil Noel
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Phil N.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by petes66 View Post
Hey Phil, just found this. So can you get me the 17t

Century Helicopter Products
Want to swing bigger blades on your T700 Gas Converted heli? Now you can! Swing up to 810mm blades with the 17T Alloy Clutch Drive Gear for the T700 Gas Conversion.

17T Alloy Clutch Drive Gear for T700 Gas Conversion
www.centuryheli.com
Like · Comment · December 22, 2011 at 11:15am ·
Michel Kosmann likes this.
Yes - PM me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in