Old 12-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #301
ISGUNN
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ian G.
Radio of choice:
Frsky

Total Props: 0
2006 nats

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Jeff,although as a share holder of MAAC as we are,if you want the info,contact your ZD.If you want it to use as an example on how to apply for a nats event,that wold be great.If you want it so you can critisize a decision made by a board duely elected by the share holders,I have a small problem with that.The current problem that MAAc has been having is in my mind,a matter or lack of respect.Not only from members but fro some ,now past zd's.No one is perfect in a volenteer organization but when one or two individuals are telling the majority they are wrong and try to circumvent the organizations authority,they gotta go.
There is an issue now that monies have not been returned as was supposed to from the 2005 NATs.An issue about lack of propper reporting of the events accounting.An issue of re directiong those funds to another event with no authorization to do so.This all leave a very bad taste in my mouth and the Chatham club is getting caught in the middle.I feel sorry for them.
I hope Jeff your intent is to be constructive and supportive in wanting to see the proposal.Please be part of the solution and not part of the poblem.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
ISGUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:09 AM   #302
J_Helps

Total Props: 0
Actually Ian I'm not interested in seeing the proposal, my comment was in response to your point that we should just trust our elected officials and inferred we didn't have a right to. As MAAC is registered under the Corporations Act we do have a right to certain documents under certain conditions. I have no problem with trusting our executive, but the biggest part of the problem that I see with MAAC currently is everything posted to these boards is rumour, innuendo misquotes and facts spun to support a specific position. While I do not suggest that MAAC BOD should be posting to every R/C board that raises a question, there is rarely anything posted anywhere that contains facts. Even the letter on the MAAC site announcing the withdrawl of the 2006 Nat's raised more questions than it answered.

As a retired reserve Public Affairs Officer I fully understand the power control of information can give some people. Openness and transparency is a far better way to go.

Jeff
J_Helps is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #303
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Helps
Openness and transparency is a far better way to go.

Jeff
Right on.

Mike
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #304

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Openness and transparency is a far better way to go.

Jeff
This has been the call to arms and the banner Chuck, Gerry and the others have waved and used as a reason to discuss openly with members at large things that have been requested by the executive and the board to remain confidential.

Now they are being asked to likewise be open and transparent and all we get is half answers, or no answers at all and now complete silence.

Chuck your silence is deafening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:12 PM   #305
Applehoney
RCC Contributor

I am: Jim M

Total Props: 15
>You misread me ... I would donate to the Club taking the shot at running the event

Jeff - my apologies; I misinterpreted your posting.

Supporting the Club would be a worthy cause.
Applehoney is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:13 PM   #306
planecrazy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chris R

Total Props: 1
Re: 2006 NATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISGUNN
I haven't seen to many of you guys willing to step up and become a zone director.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Ian, you might be suprised on how many will be running for ZD after this fiasco. We'll see when the election gets called, which may be happening faster than the current ZD anticipated.

two individuals are telling the majority they are wrong and try to circumvent the organizations authority,they gotta go

two individuals are telling the majority they are wrong and try to circumvent the organizations authority,they gotta go!!!!!!!

Chris
Old 12-03-2005, 01:00 PM   #307
Morison
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Keith Morison

Total Props: 84
Re: 2006 NATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by planecrazy
Ian, you might be suprised on how many will be running for ZD after this fiasco. We'll see when the election gets called, which may be happening faster than the current ZD anticipated.
From the association's published by-laws.

6. Zone Meetings
(b) The Zone Directors shall call a meeting of the zone 14 days after written request signed by at least 5 (5%) per cent of the paid up individual membership in his or her zone.

13. Removal from Office
(c) The office of Zone Director shall be automatically vacated if:
(iii) his or her removal from office shall be as a result of a special meeting
attended by 10% of the membership of the applicable zone in which a
resolution is passed by a two-thirds majority of the members present, or in the case of a mail ballot, two-thirds of the ballots returned from at least 25% of the membership, favor the removal from office of the zone director concerned.

The way I read this - even if a director refused to call or attend a special meeting - the meeting could still take place.

Unless I am mistaken, this wouldn't be the first time the SW zone would have used this process to change directors.
Morison Communications - Publishers of Model Aviation Canada
Morison is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #308
DP01
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dennis P

Total Props: 3
Also from the by-laws:

7. 7. The Zone Director Shall:
(a) Act as a member of the Board.
(b) Call an Annual Zone Meeting in each year for the purpose of electing a Director
for the ensuing year. The runner up shall be the assistant director who shall assume
office should the Director be elected to the position of president, become
incapacitated or removed from office for any reason. In the event that there is no
runner-up, the president shall appoint or call an election for a new Zone Director.

14.(a) The president may fill any vacancy which occurs in the Executive Committee for
the unexpired term by appointing thereto any qualified director.
(b) In the event of a vacancy arising for any reason or upon the acceptance of a zone
director's resignation by the president, the president shall call upon the assistant
zone director
of the applicable zone to fill the vacated post.
(c) The president elect shall turn over his or her responsibilities and privileges of
zone director to the assistant zone director of his or her zone.
(d) Should the Vice-President assume the office of President, his duties as Zone
Director shall be assumed by the Assistant Zone Director of his or her zone.

It appears that the runner-up in the election is not the Assistant Zone Director!
Old 12-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #309
Morison
RCC Expert Contributor

Neither of those sections would apply.
The members could request a meeting for the removal of the zone director and the election of a new one. At worst, I'd expect to see a ratification of the appointment of the runner up as the director.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #310
Morison
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Yes it did seem a better time when I spent my short term as ZD, although there was still the odd phone call trying to polarize groups.
I served on two occasions, about 8 years apart - as I recall - and there was definately more 'politics' and behind the scenes activity the second time around.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in