RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 02-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #161
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I just got back from Nick and Ivan's and I should them the blue foamie, Nick was so impressed I had to leave it there for him to play with all night!! We flew the FF Yak and then my blue foam clik and the BLUE FOAMIE WON HANDS DOWN in stability. Keep in mind this is coming from the top IMAC pilot in this area and a competitor in this years XFC!!!! Oh and we were flying in his basement :-O

How was the gym today boys?

Andrew.
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #162
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakityyak View Post
Well I just got back from Nick and Ivan's and I should them the blue foamie, Nick was so impressed I had to leave it there for him to play with all night!! We flew the FF Yak and then my blue foam clik and the BLUE FOAMIE WON HANDS DOWN in stability. Keep in mind this is coming from the top IMAC pilot in this area and a competitor in this years XFC!!!! Oh and we were flying in his basement :-O

How was the gym today boys?

Andrew.
Hi Andrew
I'm very happy to hear that Nick liked it, last time I flew mine in the basement, I had to replace a couple light bulbs, he must be really good.
We had a great time at the gym, once again, the glue flowed easily and the boys kept on flying. There were about 20 of us at the gym and at one time I counted 7 airplanes in the air, it didn't last very long before a couple midairs brought the numbers back down to a reasonable 5 foamies.
I'll ask John Pearson to send you the unedited version of his video today and we'll anxiously wait for you to post it.....no pressure

Talk to you soon
Old 02-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #163
YAKFEVER
RCC Senior Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

Well, another fun day in the gym today.

I got a foamie squre in the head today, I have the cut and bruse to prove it! one of our "excperienced" flyers got him..... lol you know who you are!

Well, had lots of fun, and with today's event, looks like I need a new fuse.... owell, what's 5 bucks right Gaston?

Oh wait, let em check................. yup still under warranty... see you thursday!

Hey Andrew..... I need a paint job.... see you thursday?????? lol.... hopefully you can come again, and well if Nick comes that would just be sweet.

I need a few lessons! and a new band aid. (VEHC KRAM) lol....

TTFN!!!!

Rolly
YAKFEVER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #164
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Rolly

Warranty.....what warranty and who's Gaston, I think he's in the Bahamas enjoying himself with the profits from the Blue Foamies
Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #165
GMACKAY
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Grant M
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 DSMX. DX8 G2
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 20
Talking Re: Blue Foamie

Hay can i get warranty on my plane it needs a new front end and gus we know were you live.by the way do not forget about the charger please.
GMACKAY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #166
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

This last weekend saw the Timmins club putting on their own "seminar", building 6 300's 1 CLICK, one BUG. Two of those aircraft were built by juniors. Our club has come a long way but we still have a ways to go to catch up to the enthusiasm shown by some of the other clubs, but we are working on it. This is the most winter flying our club has ever done, and it's getting better with time. Special thanks to Mark Orr for spearheading this building effort. On the Sunday late afternoon (6:30PM) the two junior members were the only ones left still building, and they didn't want to go home. Asking if this is enjoyment is like asking if the Pope is Catholic. Just a note to tell you all we are progressing

TTFN

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:24 PM   #167
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Rolly, I will be up but it wont be for a couple weeks at least... I'm sure the weather will still be cold enough up there to go for a flight or 600. For now I'll have to settle for hovering in the basement. A buddy down here just got back from Penn State and brought 50 sheets of blue foam with him and our newest shippment from hobby city is in so I'll be busy building all week!

Gas, I'm having trouble getting the fr5 tubing, its like the only thing I dont have now!!!! I checked the pharmacies down here dont stock it. Any idea's? I'm going to try a medical supply store tomorrow!

If I get any time I'll get that video up!

Watch your head Rolly!!

TTFN
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #168
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Rolly, I will be up but it wont be for a couple weeks at least... I'm sure the weather will still be cold enough up there to go for a flight or 600. For now I'll have to settle for hovering in the basement. A buddy down here just got back from Penn State and brought 50 sheets of blue foam with him and our newest shippment from hobby city is in so I'll be busy building all week!

Gas, I'm having trouble getting the fr5 tubing, its like the only thing I dont have now!!!! I checked the pharmacies down here dont stock it. Any idea's? I'm going to try a medical supply store tomorrow!

Watch your head Rolly!!

TTFN
Hi Andrew

A medical supply store would have it, I'm pretty sure. It's actually made in Oakville by a company called Benlan Inc. and the name brand is MED-RX, it's an intra veinous feeding tube, the reorder no. is 54-5015 and the description is 5FR x 15" Feeding tube, that should help.
Gas
Old 02-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #169

Total Props: 57

Quote:

Watch your head Rolly!!

TTFN
I use heat shrink tube and just use a drop of thin ca at the ends when I have the adjustment right.
Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #170
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMACKAY View Post
Hay can i get warranty on my plane it needs a new front end and gus we know were you live.by the way do not forget about the charger please.
Grant

The charger is ordered and as for warranty, ask Rolly or give me 5 bucks and you get a new sheet of foam.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in