Help for a Girl Brand New to RC Racing ?!?!? - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #41
imported_xxfile
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
Enuff stuff for the whole fam damily

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two team losi xxt's both are well used but also well maintained.
can have them RTR if you want can add chargers(2) if u want. also extra suspension arms(lots) bought lots of spares and never broke one.
extra pivot blocks for the rear.
frt bulkheads etc.etc.etc.

The only thing you might need is motors they will come with some but they are well used, cost $50.00 approx

However we will put them on the lathe and clean themup.
also 2 losi xxcr buggies also very well used but maintained and tons of spare parts
manuals for all.

we switched to xxxmf2 trucks last yr and xxx4 4x4 buggies.
also 6-10 or so 1700 mah batts
the whole package for truck ,buggy or both

dont have enuff radios to rtr all 4 but do have xtra recievers to work them i think.
would love to get the shelf space back.....
all with novak electronic spd controls.
enuff for 4
steal of a deal but lets face it they are worth 300 each new and maybe 75 used + spd ctrls+radios+spares+motors
about700 each to buy new X4

$500.00 takes the whole thing
(Subject to me finding everything to make all four RTR)

Its everything you need to go play

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #42
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer_leia
Haahaa, too funny. This is a great place to meet men heehee. Too bad I went thru the grulling efforts of dating sites for over a year but finally met someone great. I think he'd be jealous of all the attention I am getting LOL.

Electric...Nitro???, well the only reason I would maybe go nitro is because there is a 13 year old in the picture too. He really loves to fix stuff too and of course he wants nitro I am trying to get them doing stuff together and this is a great way.

I really like all the suggestions on what ones to look at. I will be checking out all the sites and the different types. And I will definaltey check out RCTV this saturday.

Thanks again!!!!
I have been watching this thread and the amount of info is amazing to say the least.
If your 13 year old has the passion to try nitro he can easily learn all the tricks and his little brother will also pick it up. Check out a track, meets some new people, there are some really good used deals around.
Not to take anything away from hobby shops but I feel sorry for new-hobbiests that drop a big bucks for something new when they could get so much more form someone that takes care of their toys and has the "know-how" of that particular car and equipment.

On another note, if You have any single female friends that are looking for a unique "dating-site"

Jordan www.rcsnowmobiles.com < single for a reason... way too many toys !
GRH Race Team
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #43
Stampeder21
RCC Contributor

I am: trevor s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunytune
A really good nitro kit would be a savage X SS it is a kit, your son would have to put it together, everyone can get involved in assembling it. Not to mention you get a really good feel for the mechanical aspects on how the thing works, and it also helps you to diagnose the problems when they arise, this is not a cheep kit, but it will last you a long time and you are garanteed to have lots of fun with it.

You will need to buy a radio for it, but you can build the truck now and purchase a radio later. It also come in an ready to run version, for around the same price, but the SS version comes with a few option parts.

check your local hobby shop, see what they have in stock if they carry LOTS of parts for it....

Good luck
two things to say to that.... keep in mind these are IMHO

1 -- you dont need that many extra parts for savys they dont breal

2 -- DO NOT go SS for your first nitro... kits as a first are two hard to do

Old 05-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #44
Stampeder21
RCC Contributor

oops... misspelled "to"
Old 06-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #45
Trakker
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Joseph C.

Thats it boys Ham it up LOL
It's better to look at it then to look for it.
:GRIN: i been looking at it and i still can't find it.
Trakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #46
Stampeder21
RCC Contributor

so jenn.... u found anything you like yet?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #47
imported_gremlin_390
RCC Expert Contributor

k, well i havent read the whole story going on here but i think i got the main points of it...
My first RC was in grade 9 and it was nitro. i never really got involved in clubs or races to learn from veterans (mr_x helped me a few times but i could tell he was in the learning stage too, lol) and today, 4 years into the hobby my friends know me as the guy who can pin-point an engines tune, or fix any RC. What im saying is that nitros are not a bad idea for a first RC, infact i recommend a nitro for a first because i also have a few electrics (Micro RS4, Xray M18T, AE B4) and battery and motor care is above me. This is because i have the "feel" for a nitro engine and im clueless to what a battery is doing when its hooked up. it was explained to me more then once but it doesnt click so i just wing it with hopes that it doesnt get expensive.

Anywho i would like to recommend a 2WD nitro stadium truck. as both a backyard basher and racer. i have 2 Team Associated RC10GTs and i love them. their cheap, durable, fast, easily updradable, forgiving... list goes on. I have ran mine with bad bearings (as in ball bearings minus the balls,) through all types of weather, literally hung it in a tree off a ramp, and dremeled my engines sleeve because its slowly on its way out the door (so i want it to go out with a bang, but to my suprize IT STILL HAULS A !) I cant say enough about this truck so il stop here because i dont know about you but i hate reading long posts.
good luck!
imported_gremlin_390 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:41 PM   #48
imported_gremlin_390
RCC Expert Contributor

oops... wow, i shoulda checked the post dates before posting... LOL jokes on me !
imported_gremlin_390 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #49
inventor210

hey ,
1) you can start by looking for different family oriented tracks like the NRCC(newmarket radio control club). another thing is to know which class you want to run in and what powere source. the best option for a begginer if you want to get into on-road racing is probably a tamiya TT01 because the part are very durable and easy to fix/drive. if you want to get into the offroad class a tamiya df02 (gravel hound) would be a good starting point.

2) you can get almost any rc hobby grade product at the zoom room or pinnacle hobby. the zoom room or pinnacle hobby will answer any questions you have and will get you started in the right direction.
inventor210 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #50
dupa87

Maybe a Rustler???

A couple of my college buddies were big into RC back in the day. I was looking to find a new hobby a few months ago, and decided I would get into RC since I am an engineer that loves to play with things.

I spoke with them and they recommended the following:

"Try the racer first. You'll enjoy going really fast with wide open spaces while you learn more about your car and handling it. After awhile though that will wear off as you look for more challenging driving, then you can trade for a basher or a crawler."

I wound up getting a Traxxas Rustler VXL. It's a good first truck. It's fast out of the box, and even faster with some tweaking. The nice thing about it is you can use it as a stadium racer or an out door basher.
They will pull wheelies. It's not 4-wheel drive but it'll still go over most anything. Plus they fly really well. Get a ramp for it and it'll soar. Stick with batteries until you decide you want to get more into it. Nitro is hard to get into and expensive. To start, I'd stick with basic stick pack batteries unitl you get the hang of it then go for some higher powered stuff. They have stuff out there that hold twice as much juice as a standard 1500mAh stick pack. Of course you can make your own too. Buying the individual cells separately will save you some cash.

If you decide that you just want something with more off-road ability then that's a different topic. The Rusty will get you started for a fair price and definitely be the fastest thing you'll drive out of the box.

To save money, I'd recommend checking out eBay. That's where I got my RC off of. There are some sellers that ship to Canada for reasonable pricing and they mark the duty slips as gifts so that you won't get dinged for duties.

If you have any more questions, just throw them out there.
dupa87 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in