Airtronics M8 battery connector - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
Airtronics M8 battery connector

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
My son(3yrs) and I were wrenching on the buggy and truggy. We had everything practically apart including both the electronic trays from the cars... I was setting up the center points on the servos, when the phone rang!!! My son, Ayrton, some how opened the battery clip and removed the battery tray... Unfortunately, he tried to insert the tray backwards and damaged the connectors. I was having some problems with the radio cutting out when it received any small impact to the radio... I'm guessing the connectors were loose? Anyway they are bent and now do not make any connection at all...
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Calvin if all else fails I may have a REACT for you to use if you need to... The only thing is it may be needed @ Tillsonburg by someone else... LMK

Jamie
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #3

Thx Jamie, that would be great. can't wait for Tillsonburg, maybe I should REACT and save some cash to get a new radio...

Old 01-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

when

when soldering on a circuit boars wahts key is that u use a very hot iron and are on and off quick when soldering if u wan bring it buy the shop and i of roger can do i for ya.
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Squirt View Post
when soldering on a circuit boars wahts key is that u use a very hot iron and are on and off quick when soldering if u wan bring it buy the shop and i of roger can do i for ya.
yea calvin bring it to JPH bro. rog did my rx for my sensor and did a flawless job! ask rog to do it he's amazing with the soldering iron. I know you are to justin after all you did my esc. LOL. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #6

I traced the battery wires back to the main circuit board to find theres a (male and female) connection. The male connection is soldered right to the board. I was hoping to see just the wires soldered to the board but NOway. also theres two resisters that are soldered to the board and the male connector. The solder points are like the size of a needle point. lol This is going to be a mission but I want to try this myself. (I'm very stubborn) my goal is to solder new wires to the main board and have a voltage regulator (hidden in the handle) to a LiPo battery, but after looking at the male connector soldered to the board, I may (just to make things easier) solder a mini deans connector to the original battery wires...:GRIN:
Old 01-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
PeanutButterJellyTime
RCC Supreme Contributor

The Dean's connector is probably a good idea. I had the issue of the battery disconnecting when bumped so I just glued some foam on the clip that holds the battery in and it put enough pressure on the battery to keep it reliable.

I also put screws through the battery clip so that it would stop falling off. Once they get worn they get pretty loose and don't stay on well.

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #8

The Deans worked great, just finished all the soldering on the batteries and connectors... although I really wanted to mod the radio for a LiPo battery but the deans were an easy way out... those solder pins on the main circuit board were way too small to try anything... its a very tight fit, but the Deans worked and its shock resistant now!
I'm still considering the purchase of a new radio... more research to be done!!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #9
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP33 View Post
The Deans worked great, just finished all the soldering on the batteries and connectors... although I really wanted to mod the radio for a LiPo battery but the deans were an easy way out... those solder pins on the main circuit board were way too small to try anything... its a very tight fit, but the Deans worked and its shock resistant now!
I'm still considering the purchase of a new radio... more research to be done!!
one word......NOMADIO! try out Crushers react and try my sensor you will like it. The big plus is both can use spektrum rx's! (the react has the ablity to switch to dsm and dss on the spot the sensor doesn't) Also has TELEMETRY!!!! Tekno.

added:

amain has the react complete with rx and rechargeable batts for:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9956

and the sensor for:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6051
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #10

Thx Tekno! both of those radios are awesum...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in