PM or Feedback? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

View Poll Results: Do you ever buy an item using only PMs?
NO 11 36.67%
Yes 19 63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
Dan S
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: PM or Feedback?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I prefer to post my intention to buy, questions or offers directly in the sellers post.
nothing hidden from anyone.
Once a deal is made, details of payment, address , etc.etc.. are kept private in PM's.

Dan.
Dan S is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
hs748
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: J.S.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Currell View Post
You need a reference number to the post in question in order to leave feedback even if it is positive.

Any other form of feedback dies with the post.

Actual feedback with the reference is much more useful as it stays with the member for the duration of the membership or until a new sofware to run the website can't import the old feedback.

That includes positive, neutral, and negative.

I do get people wanting to deal only with PMs but I usually tell them to go to the post I made.

I still sell the item or give the info (in most cases) and I get a free bump for the post and all other R/C members can also read it.
You can leave feedback with just a general RC link. I have done this many times, as others have done for me too. It all shows up in my cumulative feedbacks!
hs748 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:12 PM   #13
hs748
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: J.S.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 12

Quote:
You need a reference number to the post in question in order to leave feedback even if it is positive.

Any other form of feedback dies with the post.

Actual feedback with the reference is much more useful as it stays with the member for the duration of the membership or until a new sofware to run the website can't import the old feedback.

That includes positive, neutral, and negative.

I do get people wanting to deal only with PMs but I usually tell them to go to the post I made.

I still sell the item or give the info (in most cases) and I get a free bump for the post and all other R/C members can also read it.
You can leave feedback with just a general RC Canada link ( https://www.rccanada.ca/...). I have done this many times, as others have done for me too. It all shows up in my cumulative feedbacks!

You can see on my feedbacks, there are several that other members left that do no point to a specific thread, but just " https://www.rccanada.ca/..."
hs748 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

Quote: "When you only use a PM you automatically lose your right to send negaive feedback if the deal yeilds other than acceptable results."

Not sure why you think this way??

Most of my purchases have been done using only PM's. As a matter of fact, if you look at my current sales items, I have asked that responses be made ONLY through PM's.

When a person responds to me via a PM, it automatically pops up on screen the next time I log onto RCC whereas I may not go back and look at the sales add for a day or two, creating a delay in the process.

This does not stop me or the other person from going back to the origional posting on the sale item, copying the web link and using it for feedback once the transaction is complete.

NOT sure why you feel that unless you actually post in the sale add/posting, that you cannot use "Feedback". As stated above, I do it all the time and have never had a problem or a complaint. Actually you are the first I've heard that has a problem with this process.

AND instead of using just a general link for the feedback, if you use the actual sale item link, you then have a permenant record of what was purchased and/or sold. The only time I might even consider using a general link is if you've tried but just cannot find the origional posting! But even then, I would feel uncomfortable not having a record of the transaction.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Last edited by Gary Maker; 07-19-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #15
Ken Currell

I am: Ken Currell
Radio of choice:
Multiplex Royal Evo
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Maker View Post
Quote: "When you only use a PM you automatically lose your right to send negaive feedback if the deal yeilds other than acceptable results."

Not sure why you think this way??

Most of my purchases have been done using only PM's. As a matter of fact, if you look at my current sales items, I have asked that responses be made ONLY through PM's.

When a person responds to me via a PM, it automatically pops up on screen the next time I log onto RCC whereas I may not go back and look at the sales add for a day or two, creating a delay in the process.

This does not stop me or the other person from going back to the origional posting on the sale item, copying the web link and using it for feedback once the transaction is complete.

NOT sure why you feel that unless you actually post in the sale add/posting, that you cannot use "Feedback". As stated above, I do it all the time and have never had a problem or a complaint. Actually you are the first I've heard that has a problem with this process.

AND instead of using just a general link for the feedback, if you use the actual sale item link, you then have a permenant record of what was purchased and/or sold. The only time I might even consider using a general link is if you've tried but just cannot find the origional posting! But even then, I would feel uncomfortable not having a record of the transaction.
As far as I understand the rules this is what I believe it to be.

If you leave negative feedback and don't have any proof of the accusations you make you can be BANNED for your actions as you have no proof of the wrong doing.

This is the flaw in using only PMs. You have no proof at all that you have been mistreated as you didn't make a post on the deal you made.

That is why you are supposed to add the link to the post in question. Adding to a different link only works if nobody lodges a complaint about the deal. This can also hurt the seller. That's why I always post first and then I can use the appropriate link if needed.

Other than addresses, phone numbers and personal stuff I might do all my business with posts.

Last edited by Ken Currell; 07-20-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Ken Currell is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
reo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 96

Quote:
As far as I understand the rules this is what I believe it to be.

If you leave negative feedback and don't have any proof of the accusations you make you can be BANNED for your actions as you have no proof of the wrong doing.

This is the flaw in using only PMs. You have no proof at all that you have been mistreated as you didn't make a post on the deal you made.

Ken, I'm not trying to prolong this thread but if you do the deal with PM's and email (as I do) all that you need to do is to archive all the correspondence for reference at a later date if required to prove wrong doing. In my opinion, the negotiations on a deal are really nobody's business except the two fellows trying to make the deal, ergo PM's and email, or heaven forbid, maybe even a phone call.....just my opinion though, to each his own....ron
reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in