Wow! That went better than I thought... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 06-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Brent S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 12
Wow! That went better than I thought...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Its in the books, competed in my very first IMAC Competition. Sadly, I had to return home after the first two rounds. My livelihood has a long week is store for me this coming week.

For anyone waffling about taking on the challenge, suck it up and just go do it! I am the king of fence sitters. After changing my mind a half dozen times in the days leading up to day one, I succumbed to the urge to see how I would measure up to the other guys in my division.

Even though I missed the final round, and will end up in last place, the whole experience was a big positive. As I fly alone, what I learned yesterday would have taken me years to figure out on my own.

The IMAC competitors are a great bunch of guys. They lead by example. No. isn`t in their vocabulary. All questions are welcome...... help at the stand-by station is only a call away.

I'd like to thank the Medicine Hat Club and all involved for making this event happen. I`ll put what I learned into daily practice back at my home field (LOL literally)!
Eye Can Fly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16

Re: Wow! That went better than I thought...

LOL I guess I made an impression! At this mornings pilots meeting (in my absence) it was suggested that all flights for the day would be done with the Transmitter on!

In my defense, I know my fail-safes are workin'!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
wingburner
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jack D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 21

LMAO!!

Congrats Brent, although I never competed, I practiced for a few months and attended a couple schooling events.....great people, but my interest in flying has decreased ever since!!
wingburner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16

Glad you got a chuckle Jack. I can't believe I did that, it was a first for me!!!! Years ago that sort of thing (Tx) would have been met with a completely different response! Guess I had other things on my mind.....

Last year I didn't get a chance to even escape to a fun-fly! Flying alone has a lot less distractions.... but now I can say at least I gave it a try. Each flight my scores improved, and I thought that was an accomplishment in its own.

Man at my age the bucket list kicks in!
Old 06-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
Trumpetman
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gordon W
Radio of choice:
JR28x, JRXG11
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 126

You did great Brent! Good to have you out for your first contest! Weather was much improved today - too bad that rotten thing called work gets in the way sometimes.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #6
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16

Thanks Gordon, was great to meet you, and watch you fly. You make a heck of a backseat driver (caller), and my improvements through the day were a result of your input!

Yeah, I felt a little pinch when the hook went in! You'll likely have to put up with me again!
Old 06-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #7
bjon
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brad J
Radio of choice:
Jr 9503
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 2

Congrats Brent!!
Sounds like it was a great experience for ya!!
bjon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21

Good for you Brent. I hope you found that the IMAC crowd is the most helpful bunch of guys you will ever fly with.

I started IMAC to become a better pilot but I keep going back because of the guys and the camaraderie. Some of the best friends I have for sure.

Always said the hardest thing is to get the plane out of the car and give it a go the first time. Once you do it and realize that the guys are all there to help you you will be hooked.

I expect you flew with Brent and Gordon and they are both first class guys. Hope you go back for more in the future
Old 06-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16

Hey Bill, you speak the truth! The Alberta guys will have to put up with me again, probably sooner than later!

There were a lot of light moments even before landing, I even had a few chuckles while performing at less average. The last technique in the sequence was way out of my scope, I'm still learnin' how not to stall a wing, and IMAC wants me to do it on purpose! ROFL.

Its bad when your plane knows more than the pilot, my old plane is on its third pilot in IMAC..... no more needs to be said on that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in