Large Engine Test Stand ?? - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #41
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Thumbs up Re: Large Engine Test Stand ??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Trevor!

Ok Trev this design is yours? Yu should make a CAD version of your plans (ie I load up that CAD program I gave you to use) Put a few tab/slots on each part so it interlocks. Make a deal with someone like AMR who can cut and distribute it and you got the "Models by Trevor Test Stand" sold around the world!

This project should be fast and easy maybe about 4-6 hours of work even for a novice.

Even if AMR or who ever has got a laser say they can't cut the thickness of ply you want - You can double up parts and glue them for thickness. Most guys I've had laser done have no problem with 1/4" ply.

I've had stuff done by MR Aerodesign and Rolly Seimonson of Kingston.

Just my 2 cents from your humble fan club!
yours truly
Ken Park

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #42
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
Jeti
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 62
Re: Large Engine Test Stand ??

Hey Ken!! Such kind words and a great idea!!! I've downloaded that CAD program - gonna take me a lot of time to figure it out - brings back horrible memories of trying to pass my CAD drafting course in Engineering, LOL!!!!

I'll look into your suggestion!!

Cheers

Trev
TBrum is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #43
Redeka
RCC Noob

I am: Zach R.
Radio of choice:
Dx6i
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0

Just wanted to bump this thread as I found it quite useful. I jut built this baby and it works GREAT!
Redeka is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #44
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
Jeti
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 62

Zach... Glad you like it! There are a number of these in use now! Ours (I call it ours because we all share it around here, LOL) has seen significant use.

I'm planning on doing a new one this fall with some mods to it. The section the motor mounts to will be on bearing'd drawer slides with a fish gauge to measure thrust. It will also be slightly shorter (easier to fit in vehicles) and the motors will be mounted upside down so the pipes/cans exit on top so that it's easier to adjust headerlength rather than bending down.

Our resident tech'y guy (John - Cravenjw) may also help me out with some electronic measuring / logging to measure spool-up times!

Trev
TBrum is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #45
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41

Should we spill the beans ????????

Mr cravenjw is also planning to build a test rig for servos.
Something that not only measures torque and speed a different voltages. But also current draw under different loads. And a number of other real world measurements.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Brad Egan MAAC 48597
Bdegan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in