Foam source - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Foam source

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I like to know if there is a source where i can get atleast 4" thick by 2' x 8' white foam sheets, this is the least size of thickness i want to get to cut out wing cores. I don't want to laminate 2 sheets togather for the wing core as there will be a chance of glue drying though model's life and wings folding on me.

If anyone out there know where i can get minimum of 4" thick white foam sheets please let me know, or if you can get it for me then thats fine Pm me and we will work out the details...

Don't ask for Home depot or Rona to check it out as they don't carry this size of thickness.

Thanks

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
Kargon
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Karl Goinarov

Total Props: 41
Hi, you can find up to 5" X 2' X 4' sheets in 1/2" increments here. Durabond Products, 55 Underwriters , Scarborough, ON. 416-759-4474. They can custom order bigger sheets. Also try stucco suppliers in your area. good luck Karl.
Kargon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Karl,

I just called them, they have right thickness but not the full length!, they only sell 4' long sheets, so now i have to see if i can work with 4' length for the wings by using two 4" thick sheets....If not then i might have to go to foam manufacturer and ask them if they have something that will work for me...

Thanks,
Sammy

Old 07-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
igor_throw_the_switch
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brad Kacer

Sammy: I've used Lepages press-tite Green contact cement without problems. It's a water based (easy clean up, and no stink!) latex, I believe. I've joined white foam and then hot wired it without any problems. Got it at HD - I'd imagine CTC has it too.

http://www.lepageproducts.com/produc...id=293&PID=652

Brad

Brad Kacer
MAAC # 29287
igor_throw_the_switch is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
hiflyer205

Foam

Hi
I Dont Know if you have a place locally that Builds Cool Rooms If you do these Are made from really light white foam Any Old ones being dicarded Are A source of the foam,The metal sheeting just peels off easily
I Am in Australia This is what we use and most of the time it is cheap Usually free as it can not be Burnt (Toxic) and takes up a lot of room in Garbage tips.Man the Sizes are fantastic even up to 8" and around 6' Long
Hope this is of help
Rob
hiflyer205 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #6
ROBC

Thick Foam

I buy my foam from a local manufacturer that supplies the building supply stores. The foam is made in 4 ft thick blocks and hot-wired to thickness for the stores. They can give me any thickness I need in three different densities. Shipping from NB would be too expensive so you should see if your local building supply store can order it for you. If not get the name of the manufacturer of the product and call them directly. I buy 4' x 8' x 4" for around $30 For my CNC foam cutter. Number 1 density is good for wings.

Rob
ROBC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:32 AM   #7
rubbie
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Christopher P.
Radio of choice:
JR

Sammy you can also try Plastic world last time I was there (about 6 months ago) they had 4x8 sheets of 3, 4 and 6 inch foam.

http://www.plasticworld.ca/

cheers
rubbie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #8
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Rubbie,

Seems as Plastic world have the thickness i am after, i will check it out later in the week when i'll visit TAM....

Thanks.

Sammy
Old 08-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
Perpetualrepair
RCC Contributor

I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
DX18,DX7, JR XP6102
# of RCs: 14

Foam supplies

Try Coast Fiber Tek Products, they are a supplier of Resins and foam to the marine industry, maybe something there will catch your eye.
http://www.fiber-tek.com/
Good Luck.
Perpetualrepair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #10
hbruhn
RCC Noob

Durabond Product Ltd. 55 Underwriters Road Scarborough.
Phone 416-759-4474 Ext.230

Have bought it there up to 4" thick.

Hans Bruhn
hbruhn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in