What to get for a Zenoah 38 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
hagd
RCC Apprentice

I am: Craig E

Total Props: 0
What to get for a Zenoah 38

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good day all!

I have a Zenoah 38 sitting in my tickle trunk that I would like to put something behind that I can fly in giant scale and am not sure what size planes I should be looking at. I would prefer the motor to be at the high end of the recomended scale as I would prefer to have more motor than required. I realize that the motor may be too small for giant scale.

Some planes that I like, but am not sure of are the PITTS monster Arf from Carl Goldberg or maybe the Ultra Stik Lite ARF 1.20 from Hangar 9. I am not sure the Ultra Stik would fall in the giant scale category though.

Right now, my favorite plane is a SIG Fazer with a 46 on the front. I would say I like to throw the plane around as I fly it.

I already have a 1/4 mustang that I am completing this winter and a Volksplane that fit into the giant scale. I am looking for something more sporty that would go with the G38 motor.

What do you think? Thanks for your help and advise.

Craig, Eston, Sk

Have a great day!

HAGD
hagd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:55 AM   #2
Don M.

I think the G38 is too heavy for both of these planes. I have a Quadra 42 that I have had hanging around unused since 1991. Everytime I go to use it it is either too heavy or underpowered or both. I have a Brison 2.4 which has waaaaay more power than the Q42 and 1 lb. lighter, I always end up using that engine instead of the Q42.

That being said take a look at the Great Planes Giant Stick I have read threads on other sites where people have installed G38's and it is considered Giant Scale. I am thinking of getting one for a Saito 270 twin I have and maybe install my Q42 in it later on down the road. Good Luck.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #3
BigJohn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: john g
Radio of choice:
Spektrum dx8

Total Props: 4
Motor for plane

I have a friend looking to sell a couple of planes that would fit the bill.Byrons cap 21 is flying on a Z38 at this time and a 66" ultimate thats flying on a Q35 he is looking to sell to fund new project.Just a thought,John

Old 02-01-2006, 11:57 PM   #4
Pietdriver
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Wane T.
# of RCs: Lot

I had acouple shnieder sport 320s ,it was a construction article in RCM March 91, with a G-38 and it was just an ammazing machine. I like you tend to overpower a bit, it is just the way I like them. It was great on floats, gobs of power and very fast. On wheels it was out of sight and I built it a bit heavy. A light one ....well you get the idea. good looks and performance to boot, what more could one want. I would make the ailerons bigger for that mind blowing roll rate, stock is quite good however.

Pietenpol Aircamper (1-1 scale)
Raptor .60
Byrons Eagle,G-45
lots of everything else.
Pietdriver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in