Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 9
3D Instructions and Videos

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi,

I'm really not up on 3D yet, but last night I came across this thread at R C U which discribes how to do 3D manuevers and then gives a video for the manuever. It looked like it may help people in understanding the manuevers.

The link is:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_44...tm.htm#4459958

Let me know your thoughts.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
SJrcflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
Pretty good walk through of most of the 3D manuvers.

Only think I wanted to add was for Walls, they are most effective down wind. The plane won't gain any altitude and just slide along on its tail, very cool looking. For a more of a pop up effect then do it Into the wind.
SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
flyguy74

Total Props: 0
great how twos

Hey those are some great vids. I liked how they explain the stick maneuvers as well. For the flat spins I wasn't sure how to enter them and now that I have an explanation i won't come across them by accident any more.

I have one maneuver that I do on the sim... I'll explain it and maybe someone can tell me if it has a name or not..... Here goes....

climb vertical full throttle.
ease throttle back until the plane stalls
feed full left aileron and full down elevator
throttle up full
The plane has about a 45 degree attitude and spins in a circle hanging on the prop. If you feed left rudder it does a nice spin out of this and you pull out and try again. If you feed right rudder the plane stays at this attitude and the spin tightens. the plane just hangs in the air on this at this attitude. You can get lower by just throttling back and the plane will start to fall tail first down. Once you get to a altitude that you like just throttle full and hang there some more. I do this with the YAK 54 on 3D rates.

I hope i got that right now... Anyone have a name for this one.... I have only done this on the G3 sim not with a real plane..... You can bet I am gonna try it with the foamy though...

I guess a easier way to explain it is you're in a harrier spinning in a circle with the plane nose up. More aileron and rudder tightens the circle. More or less throttle raises and lowers altitude. Cheers,

Tom
flyguy74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
SJrcflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
Tom, sounds like your describing a very modified flat spin, or even a climbing flat spin. Only difference is you are using aileron thus not keeping the wings flat. I've never tried it on a plane but I think I have done it on the Sim as well.

Good luck with it on your foamy!!
SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

I got the foamy I designed to do it before I added sfg's. I can't seem to do it anymore though. It looks neat
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
flyguy74

Yeah it looks like a climbing spin but the AC is just hangin in the air in one spot. you can increase your altitude or decrease your altitude by using throttle. On the sim at full throttle the AC won't climb out it just hangs. Rudder input in this condition in the direction of the spin tightens the spin. If you decrease the throttle you will loose altitude and the AC just corkscrews to the ground tail first. It does look really neat in this condition I just thought the pros out there would have a name for it! I am gonna go analyize it some more on the sim! Cheers,

Tom
flyguy74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in