FEJ F-16. *Update* Just about ready to throw this thing in the trash. - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 05-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
Pepperpete
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Glenn M

Total Props: 2
Re: FEJ F-16. Just about ready to throw this thing in the trash.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I only bought the jet 5 months ago! I've been working on it that entire time!

The only thing that I would consider as proper customer service, is to provide me with landing gear that work. And to not charge me another $800 bucks to do it. I told James about the brakes and he charged me $110 for replacements. What choice did I have? He also charged me $130 for the Kevlar tanks but I did see today that the cost has been refunded. I did not buy the pipe from FEJ because of the current one being absolutely shoddy and I didn't feel like spending another $150 for the same thing. If a pipe goes, so does the plane.

But all of this pales in comparison to the landing gear. If FEJ truly wants to make amends, keep all the rest of the components (except the tanks, I really need them) and get me a set of gear that will WORK! I am not looking for a handout or an "upgrade"! I am looking for landing gear that make my plane function! How can FEJ not see the difference? I should post the pictures of the bent components and the plane hasn't even flown yet! Peter if you truly want to work with me to solve the problem, then this is how you can do it. Replace the landing gear. I tried to get FEJ to help before but got the $800 bucks please line.

So as I said in my PM, the balls in FEJ's court. I hope they take the higher ground and make this right. If they do then I will let let people know here.
Member #4 of the 2 litre club! And proud of it.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 05-08-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Pepperpete is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #22

Total Props: 57

Jeremy

We know your opinion of FEJ and we know you do not like them and no one is asking you to like them or to buy from them, so please do not add fuel to the fire.

The situation is being handled professionally and directly with Glenn.

Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #23
Angus
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Powerbox Core
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_MAN View Post
Ok so what are the alternatives that are reasonably priced?
The unfortunately the answer is there are none, They are all the same, the jets themselves look great, the hardware all MFG poor quality, I can't even figure out what type of aluminum they use on there gear and cylinders.

It is still beyond me and I can't even begin to understand why a MFG of jets who clearly must have an understanding of the value of equiptment that goes inside them, deliver kits with poor quality gear, valves, cylinders, pipes and tanks. It seems that as long as it is a really good looking copy of a North American or European unit, it is good enough. Functionality is secondary.

Peter just don't have high expectations, you will have to replace some of the hardware regardless of what Asian MFG you buy from...sad I know.

AM
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #24

Glenn

Your PM and comments were well received.
Some replaceemnt items will be shipped next Tuesday and I am discussing with James regarding the retract set issue and will advise,

Regards
Old 05-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltecareRC View Post
Jeremy

We know your opinion of FEJ and we know you do not like them and no one is asking you to like them or to buy from them, so please do not add fuel to the fire.

The situation is being handled professionally and directly with Glenn.
Peter, I'm not adding fuel to the fire, I as asking you if you meant they were going to step up and replace his gear as they should or if they are willing to sell him a set. Just that simple....

Your reply was not clear as to what they were willing to do with the gear. I don't have an issue with FEJ, I took issue with the asinine statement that they are the worlds number one jet manufacture when I know what my experiences along with many others have been. That was a ridiculous comment to make, but it was made on both forums, so I'll wait to see if they step up and Glenn ends up with a flyable airplane.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #26
Pepperpete
RCC Senior Contributor

I truly hope this comes to pass. And I believe much is hinging on this for FEJ as it will show the true colors of the company. Word of mouth is everything.

Myself...I just want to be able to fly my jet. I can't do that with this gear. If FEJ truly is a professional company, they will make it right. I will sit back and wait for the response Peter.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #27
Pepperpete
RCC Senior Contributor

Re: FEJ F-16. *Update* Just about ready to throw this thing in the trash.

Well FEJ has decided that if I pay $400 USD plus shipping and send down my old gear (also on my dime) that it's their way of customer service.

I am not sure what to do. Sell the plane and take my loses or send them another $400 bucks. Opinions?
----
Update

If FEJ will refund the brakes that I just received and let me inspect the new gear before I send down the old then I am going to do the deal and just get it done with.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 05-08-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #28
Angus
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Powerbox Core
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

They just don't get it, I'm sure you will never buy another FEJ and all you want is a set of gear that works properly? It is unfortunate that you get forced into paying extra funds to fix the problem.

It is MFG like this that are causing people to drop out of this hobby. Today I pulled down two of my gassers and dusted them off....
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #29
ifsta4
RCC Contributor

I am: Andy H

Total Props: 0

Don't do it.

If the gear is deffective the manufacuture has an obligation to repair or replace. If you pruchased if from a Candian distributor they should repair/relace at no cost to you. I was considering buying a Chinese Jet until this thread came out and thanks to you I think I made the right choice buying from a US manufacturer.

The question is what is your recourse ? Give Peter one more chance to talk them into replacment, then ;

I would take your concerns to a more international forum, RCU is a good start. If you post your contact at FEJ's email address I will send emails as well, and if everyone who has ever been in the position you are in joins in perhaps they will get the message.

This is unacceptable, whether you pay $2k or $10k you should be able to expect the product to work in the manner that it is meant to work.

Andy
ifsta4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #30
ifsta4
RCC Contributor

I am: Andy H

Total Props: 0

Oh Yeah, I would buy a quality used set of gear from RCU or RCC before I gave FEJ another dime
ifsta4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in