HK Turnigy SK450 Quad copter review... - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #21
Unknown303
RCC Noob

I am: Zenon P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Re: HK Turnigy SK450 Quad copter review...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I picked one up a little while back. The RTR version which was pretty stable out of the box although I did dump it on my 3rd flight. But now HK is screwing around with me on my last order and 2 week later is hasn't even been shipped so I cancelled and ordered a DJI frame and arms to move the electronics over too. I'd rather not rely on HK for getting spare parts anymore.

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]
Unknown303 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #22
4stripes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Flyboy 1 (Eric K)
Radio of choice:
CPDLC & Mind Control
# of RCs: 777

Total Props: 203

For an update, I added the Naza M lite controller with GPS and the machine flies better than ever. It is a fairly extensive setup process and I recommend you take the time to read all the instructions even if they don't initially make sense to a newcomer. I particularly like the return to home failsafe feature in the event reception is lost, or you just want it to come back for any reason. I'm using an Assan 2.4 conversion for my Futaba 9CAP so some slight changes were needed to make the failsafe work properly. I make sure the TX is selected to the failsafe range (rather than manual) on powering up the copter. Assan receivers remember the power up selection for failsafe on every flight. By power up, I mean plugging in the flight battery of the copter with the transmitter selected to the desired failsafe selection. Assan sells a more expensive receiver that has a computer selectable failsafe but a USB adapter is also needed. The Naza M lite is doing a pretty good job holding position and tracking but there is some drifting on liftoff and changes in forward or aft velocity. I will have to experiment with the GPS/compass position by turning it slightly to eliminate the last bit of drift.
Lots of tinkering so far but all fun.
https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/sho...77&postcount=1
4stripes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:13 AM   #23
4stripes
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
CPDLC & Mind Control

Rotating the GPS/compass to the left has made the turning tendency disappear. I guess it was a slight case of TBE (toilet bowl effect) and is easily cured. Again, I can't stress enough that the manual has to be read thou roughly and repeatedly to help set the Naza properly.
Calibrating the compass required me to change my end point adjustment for my GPS/Att/manual selection back to manual as I had set it to failsafe instead of manual (for the return to home function to work with my radio in the event of radio signal loss).
When it flew in strong gusty winds, I was impressed how well it holds position and altitude in GPS mode.

All this preparation is so it can be flown in FPV when desired. The Predator V2 system from HK is installed and has been tested. Now that the machine drift is reduced it should be more fun in tight quarters. I also tried using the Mobius camera for FPV and it does have a noticeably wider field of view. Not sure if it is worth using over the stock Fatshark camera yet. More testing needed....

Last edited by 4stripes; 10-05-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #24
4stripes
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
CPDLC & Mind Control

Doesn't look much like it started out but I must say the SK450 is a versatile machine that can take quite a lot of equipment!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141101_175203.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	461073  
Old 03-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #25
4stripes
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
CPDLC & Mind Control

Sale on these now.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Set_PNF_.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in