prc models - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
mogman
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dave C
Radio of choice:
DX-18
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 12
prc models

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Has anyone had any experience with the line of motors from PRC Models, the CRRC- PRO series? The prices seem good..$319.00 for a 45cc with elec. ign.
Cheers Dave.
mogman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
gmair
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
CRRC45i

I ordered one a few days ago. It should arrive this Monday.
There has been a lot of controversy over this engine on RC Universe.
Many complaints of dubious reliability. I think most of the complaints were with the earlier versions. The current version is V3. I'm assuming Paragon RC is selling the latest version, but I'm not positive.
If you check out this web site you'll see that Troy Built Models is selling this engine for $445.00 US

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/EngCRRC.htm

TBM is not known for selling inferior products, so I'm hoping the reliability issues have been sorted out.
They also did a test with various props. With the Mejzlik 20x8 carbon prop,
the engine put out 16.5lbs of thrust.
I'll let you know how mine runs in a week or two!
gmair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
mogman
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dave C
Radio of choice:
DX-18
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 12
I got my 45's (2) a couple of weeks ago. Bench ran one of them. Started first flip, turns a 20/8 master airscrew(all I had in that size) at 7400. Have'nt touched the needles yet. Did not use the supplied muffler as it has no baffles. Just 2 pipes in the bottom of the can. However a Zen. G45 or 62 muffler and gasket fits perfectly, like it was made for that motor, A slight amount of "tin bashing" is reg'd to fit the G45 muffler.
Only complaint is that there needs to be an insulator block between the carb and the manifold, as the carb gets hot and a hot re-start is difficult, let it cool down and away it goes.
Reasonably impressed so far...time will tell! Can't beat the price!

Cheers, Dave.
mogman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
gmair
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
I started mine today, and also found this engine very easy to start. After more than 30 secs of idling, there was no loading up and the engine accelerated quickly. The supplied muffler was on the loud side and it would be great if there was a muffler out there that was quieter that didn't sacrifice weight or power. PRC sells a wrap around pitts muffler and if was quieter I'd buy it!
gmair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
AlexL
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: AlexL
Radio of choice:
JR9503

Total Props: 2
Pro 26 and Pro 45

I got one each from Raymond, the owner of TRC - a fellow club member

I have the 26 on a FuntanaS 90, and other than the first couple of tanks on Lawnboy Ashless 25:1, it went straight to the firewall of the Funtana, and the little guy is getting better every single flight. APC 16 x 8 at 8400, on Klotz 40 to 1 synthetic, not bad at all. btw, the 26 has CNC crankcase, very nice looking engine. I am sure it will get better with couple of gallons through it.

Haven't run the 45 much except bench test it to make sure it starts. Ray is a great guy to deal with, a full time structural engineer by trade, so I think he knows engines. Saves you from ordering through south of the boarder.
AlexL is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #6
Bob Byrnes
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Robert B

Total Props: 1
Hi AlexL: You mention a chap named Raymond who is apparantly dealing with these motors. Does he bring them in and stock them, or is it just as simple to place the order from the company website and have a motor sent from China? If there is any advantage to dealing with Raymond and since he is local I would probably like to do that. How can he be contacted?? They certainly seem to be good value for the money...
Thank You........
Bob Byrnes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:15 AM   #7
Bob Byrnes
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Robert B

Total Props: 1
Hi again: I just looked at the website and realized it IS a Canadian site. Don't I feel like a goof. Thanks. I'll E-mail them........
Bob Byrnes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #8
AlexL
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: AlexL
Radio of choice:
JR9503

Total Props: 2
Raymond's site

Without any sales pitch intended, I am just being a happy user, and a fellow club member of Raymond's.

I believe he deals directly with the manufacturer, and has much more edge over someone trying to bring in one or two for sale. He flys these engines and also stocks parts for them.

Do a search on Paragon models, and see what comes up. Otherwise, send me a pm, with your e-mail address, and I will try to forward it to Ray for you.

I hate to be seen as you know what I mean.

Alex
AlexL is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in