Questions about an E-Maxx (old one) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
pickles8182
RCC Noob

I am: Stephen M
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: Fou

Total Props: 0
Question Questions about an E-Maxx (old one)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
My apologies if this is in the wrong location. I have an older E-Maxx (I was told it was seven or eight years old when I acquired it) that has the receiver tray located on the truck's centreline, just behind the front shock tower rather than off to one side the way the newer ones do. I have three questions regarding this machine: (1) the new waterproof receiver box (part 3924) definately doesn't fit as I ordered one in and it's made for the off-centreline version. Where can I get my hands on a good old one that fits the centreline tray or am I SOL? (2) Will the newer version suspension arms fit it, and if not, where may I acquire some? (3) Will the new bulkheads fit it, and again, if not, where might I acquire them?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please note that I am also relatively new to this hobby, so please respond as if you were talking to a dummy, because you pretty much are. Thanks again.
pickles8182 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
mopar marv
RCC Apprentice

I am: Marv M.
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 2
Re: Questions about an E-Maxx (old one)

Sorry but I can't help with your radio box questions.

But,I can tell you that all of the other parts you asked about will bolt directly on to your old E-Maxx.
I'm assuming that it is an old 3906 model with the two speed transmission. I just finished up-grading my older E-Maxx[3906 as well] pretty much the same way.

I got really tired of changing twisted half shafts every time I ran the truck,lol.

Do you have a manual for your truck? If you are in-experienced or not sure of what you are about to do, a manual can be a real life saver. If you need a manual, go to the Traxxas website and there is all kinds of support there.
Plus there is a few hundred years of collective knowledge[forum members] available to anyone that asks. The site is kind of heavy handed in the rules department but the forum members are very helpful!

Or you can go to the RC Documents website and download a complete assembly manual,just remember the model number is 3906 and you should be okay.

But I honestly recommend joining the Traxxas website. The guys really are very helpful.
And Traxxas support is amazing. I've gone from being a total RC rookie in 2006 to the point that I am now considered to be the site expert on the vintage Traxxas Hawk/Hawk2,all due to the help that I received there.

I will also send you my e-mail address via PM, in case I can be of help with your up-grades.
We[my wife,daughter and I] own five E-Maxx[s] and I do all of the maintenance,up-grades,etc... I'm still learning something new about them almost daily but I have been working on our E/T-Maxx collection for a few years so I know my way around them quite well. Plus I am a retired auto. mechanic so I'm pretty fair at figuring out mechanical issues.

And I have years of experience explaining mechanical issues to people who are not exactly mechanically minded . Which is something my female customers always appreciated.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
pickles8182
RCC Noob

I am: Stephen M
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: Fou

Total Props: 0

Mopar,

Thanks so much for the sound advice. Trust me, I will be taking you up on all of it and I am particularly thankful for the PM. Having a knowledgable mentor in this hobby, and I think you more than qualify in that regard given your level of experience with the E-Maxx, goes a long way to keeping people in it.

Again, thanks so very much Marv. Much appreciated.
pickles8182 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
mopar marv
RCC Apprentice

I am: Marv M.
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 2

No problem,I'm glad to help when ever I can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in