How do you heat shield a turbine jet? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 03-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #11
JetCrazy
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Steven P
Radio of choice:
JR XG14
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2
Re: How do you heat shield a turbine jet?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies. I know what stuff is available and have it in stock.

I am asking where is the best place to put this stuff? I keep my jets for a long time and find when you do things right the first time, they last.

Helijet, Thanks for pointing out above the bifurcation split as being a hot spot. This is why I made this post.

I am a bit concerned about where the bypass cover and bellmouth of the pipe meet as there will be a small gap in between as I understand it from the instructions. I have some airlines running underneath this area.

I am also concerned about where the servos are next to the pipe. I have made balsa boxes to cover the servos, but that just adds for the fire to burn if that occurs.

As far as stick time on deltas, I don't think anyone has more stick time on deltas then me. Not to toot my own horn. I have a IC DF Avro Arrow I've been flying since 2004 and one of the best flying and landing Kangaroos since 2008. Angus and the Ontario gang know.

Helijet,
Thanks for the info on how it flies and what to look out for. I am an aircraft mechanic so I am always keeping my jets in top shape. Would you mind if I PMed you if I have anymore questions since you used to be a dealer and know the jet well?

Steven
JetCrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #12
JetCrazy
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Steven P
Radio of choice:
JR XG14
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

Angus,

Thanks for the link. I forgot about that stuff. I will have to put in our next order from Spruce.

Steven
JetCrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:29 AM   #13
KylieParr
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

i also used the protective paint, it is really god for this goal
KylieParr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:32 AM   #14
NeilLee
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Indeed, it is a good idea to sandwich it in tin foil and add high temp silicone. It must be covered very well so it was safe and durable. Unfortunately, the link you shared doesn't work, it was really interesting for me to see what is it a ceramic blanket. It sounds very cozy. LOL. My fife is crazy of textile for house and car. She has a lot of different pillows on the back seat and the best little knitted weighted blanket if one of our children falls asleep. You can't imagine how many blankets we have at home. She decorates with them all the sofas, armchairs, and beds.

Last edited by NeilLee; 03-27-2021 at 10:26 AM.
NeilLee is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in