15" heli need parts - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 08-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 18
15" heli need parts

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have this 15" rotor heli It is an Express GT Model. It has two brushed motors and two servos. All the controls work but the gyro does not. It looks to me like the gyro is sandwiched between the two servos. I took a couple of pictures. Does anyone have a beat up small heli that I could use for parts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0001.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	389178   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0002.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	441.7 KB
ID:	389186  

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM

Re: 15" heli need parts

This is the latest: After several contacts with the seller They finally set me on where I can get parts, so after some hesitation I sent for a new electronics board. In about eight days it arrived. I installed it and was very careful to plug everything in the same way. When I turned it on the red light came on and stayed on. It never tried to bond to the transmitter. I tried every combination I could think of. It was always the same. I contacted them and asked for a diagram or instillation procedure. All they said was "We cannot find your invoice". I sent them the Paypal number and got the same answer. I contacted Paypal and registered a complaint. They got the same answer. So I actioned the complaint and got my money back. I was in the process of installing the old board when I grabbed the heli by the tail rotor to move it and found out it is almost broke off. Ill bet that is the problem. Now what can I glue it with. CA does not work, epoxy does not stick and I tried acetone and it did not effect it at all. Now acetone will melt the handle off a screw driver. I am going to tie it together with parachute thread, then put gorilla glue on it. Any suggestions?

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
Old 10-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM

I used the Gorilla Glue on it last night. I gave it a try this morning and it works ok again.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #4
kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM

The battery I bought from Only Batteries has an over load protection in it and if I go straight to hover power it shuts off. So this made me get everything turning then add power to hover. The transmitter has no liquid crystal read out so the position of the trims is unknown. I did a series of short hops to get the trims set. After this it is not too bad of a flier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in