First IMAC World Championships Sept 2014 Muncie Indiana - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #21
Gsxr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike M

Total Props: 0
Re: First IMAC World Championships Sept 2014 Muncie Indiana

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
LOL!!!!! OMG their on to me!
DLE Engines
Gsxr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #22
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9

HAHAHAHHAAAAAA
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
isabel
RCC Contributor

I am: Isabel D.

Total Props: 4

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the information the SA committee and myself have been able to get from IMAC to date.

The key thing to know is that at the moment, plans on IMAC's side are very very preliminary. So there is not much that can be said for sure.

It seems likely at the moment, that Canada (and all countries who are able to / want to) will have the opportunity to send a large number of pilots in classes Sportsman to Unlimited. As I said, nothing is set in stone, but based on how many people are active in Canada and a guesstimate of the proportion who might be willing to make such a trip, I would venture that in most classes, everyone or nearly everyone who is interested in participating will be able to. Of course this may change since nothing seems finalized. However I think you can start thinking along the lines that if you are interested in participating, you will likely be able to (it won't be a few hand picked people only). So you can start to get excited

Secondly, based on this information, it is likely that the first step in putting together a Canadian delegation will for the SA committee to ask people to declare an 'intent to participate'. Based on how many people do so, the SA committee, with your input, would implement a selection process if need be (as I said, I suspect that no one will be turned away from flying in the event and earning an individual ranking - however there might be some selection to be done as far as the official team/teams... it all depends on where IMAC lands in terms of what the 'teams' will look like), with the aim of being fair to all people who are interested. I'm sure it won't be easy but we will do the best we can. The intent to participate would not happen until IMAC officializes the details of the # of participants, eligibility, team composition etc, and they haven't been able to give me a timeline for that yet. Of course, if they decide on something drastically different (like a very small number of pilots) we might have to revisit these next steps.

Anyways, I think it's important for all of you to know where things stand at the moment, and stay tuned for information as it becomes available (but be aware that you might have to be patient)!

Isabel
isabel is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in