Heli-Max Axe 100FP Info - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
trike_flyer
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jeff B
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Heli-Max Axe 100FP Info

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello everyone

Since I got a Heli-Max Axe 100FP Txr for christmas and was not able to find info about it on the site I figured I will start a tread for it. First impressions of the heli is it looks nice and is a good step up from a blade mcx. After a trip to the LHS and a bit of time figuring out how to set up a comuputer radio, yes I didn't know how since I bought a radio to grow into and had to learn, I come home and could not get it to bind to the anylink I got. The manual for the anylink says you just have to turn on the tx then power the rx and it will bind automaticaly for the first time. It was a no go. I even went through the manual that came with the heli and it has no info on binding at all. So I did a lot of web hunting and have found nothing about this heli to get it to bind. By a bit of luck I found a site that talked about a differant heli they make and made mention of a small button to tell it to bind. After a bit of searching the heli, I found a button on the board way up in the nose of the canopy that tells it to bind. It was a go for test flight time. At this point I found out the setting they recomend for the throttle servo is wrong for my tx, a Futaba. They say It needs to be reversed but when I started the throttle I had to switch it back to normal. So be aware it is going to be very tx dependant as to weather you have to reverse it.

As to the flying of it, it is deffinatly not a beginner heli. I was able to get it off the ground but it wants to go sideways right away. If I was a beginner it would have hit lots of things in the house. The experiance with the coax heli I own gives me just enough skill to keep it out of anything and breaking it.

I will keep you posted as to how it flies as I get use to it. I included pic's of where the bind button is to help anyone else.

TF
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	axe100fp1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	183509   Click image for larger version

Name:	axe100fp2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	183510  
trike_flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50
Re: Heli-Max Axe 100FP Info

Is that an FP heli? The blades look symmetrical which would lead me to believe it's a cp heli.
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
trike_flyer
RCC Junior Contributor

Yes it is a FP. There are only 2 servos on it and the pitch does not seem to change. If it is a cp, the wife would have got a great deal on it.

I have been trying to get it off the ground and it seems to always want to go left and reverse. It did seem to calm down as I got about a foot off the ground but I could not get it to hover in one spot. It bounces left then right or a combination of that with forward and reverse to boot, may be just me trying too hard to stop its movement. I have set my trims almost to the ends and need to know is this normal for a single rotor heli to act this way? Or does it have a bad gyro? The rudder is right on for it as it has no rotation habit.

The wife tried to get a vid for the fellows that want to see it fly but she could not keep up to it moving around. If anyone else has one of these just jump in and let us know if you had the same experience with it.

TF

Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
trike_flyer
RCC Junior Contributor

Hello everyone

Well I have been fighting with this heli since Christmas. From the no info on binding in the manual to the current unstable flight. I took it to the LHS where it came from and they could fly it but they said it needed lots of stick forward and right to counter the drift. They suggested looking online for a solution to it but that it was flyable. I looked online and had no luck with getting any answer to the problem. So I started to try and talk to Heli Max about it. It took two days of calling and emailing to finally get an answer from them and was told the control board is defective. So now I wait till the new one comes in. I may just play with it the way it is just to get control practice.

As a warning to others thinking of getting one, you can expect poor customer service if there is an issue. Hope this helps someone.

TF
Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

If you want some online info then I'd suggest doing a search for the Walkera super fp as they are identical, Walkera makes the FP100 for Heli-Max.

As a note, due to the small size, this is definitely one of the harder helis to fly, any input at all makes it go zooming off in the given direction. With a computer radio and some expo you can tame it down a bit but with the stock radio it's very difficult to fly well. If you really want to keep trying to fly with it I'd suggest looking to see if you can find a Walkera 2801 for cheap that would really help you.

The other option is to just sell it and buy a newer walkera or eflite heli.
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
trike_flyer
RCC Junior Contributor

I have been using expo in my setting since I am flying with my 8fg tx and a anylink. I will see what info on that heli I can find. My longest flight was about 2 min with it so far even with the control problem. Wondering if the control board led goes solid when the gyro is set as it always blinks.

TF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in