General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 08:13 AM   #1
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1
PAGE AVIATION

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well,it's colder than I don't know waht this morning and getting colder.Good time to think about future projects and a super Cub comes to mind.I saw on the Page Aviation site,that they have an 80'' span Super Cub and was woundering if anyone has built any of his kits.Whats the quality and flight performance like? Worth looking into or ...?
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
IAN GUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:47 AM   #2
Derrick
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Derrick R

Total Props: 0
Ian, I have 2 of Adrian's kits. The GeeBeeR2 and the Newbee. I am currently working on the GeeBee R2. The parts are laser cut and fit quite nicely. I find his kits to be of decent quality with wood that is suitable for the application. There is some hardware with the kit, fasteners, ca hinges, etc but you have to supply your own pushrods.
I find the 2 kits I have bought from him to be well worth the money. The only complaint I have ever heard about Adrian's kits from others are his manuals. Personally I have no issue with them and find them OK to get the job done. I can say the construction manuals probably aren't geared/written for an inexperienced builder, but if you have a few kits under your belt they are more than enough.

I have found Adrian to be very helpful and quick to respond to his emails and questions.

I have also flown his GeeBee Z design and it flys nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_0001_102.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	233  
MAAC #41076
Derrick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:26 AM   #3
Ken Baker
RCC Contributor

I am: Ken B

What is the web URL for Page Aviation ?? This is new to me.
Ken Baker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #4
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

PAGE AVIATION

derrick,is that what manuals are for? Seriously,we all kit bash after we've built a few so I'm not to worried about a poor manual but rather how good are the plans,wood and stuff.Push rods and hindges are a personnal choise for some as well.The picture of the GEEBEE is a good indication that it builds well and looks like you're having fun with it.Thanks for the feed back.
Ken,Adrians web page is www.adrianpage.com. It's a nice site with clear pictures.But having feedback for someone like Derrick,who's built one goes a long way.
Thanks again
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Old 01-14-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
DX18Stealth
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 55
Nice looking airplane Derrick. I plan on building a larger (Hostetler) version eventually but may have to try the Page model first. Very nice.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
Ken Baker
RCC Contributor

I am: Ken B

Thanks for the web site Ian.
Ken Baker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:23 PM   #7
Derrick
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Derrick R

Re: PAGE AVIATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN GUNN
derrick,is that what manuals are for? Seriously,we all kit bash after we've built a few so I'm not to worried about a poor manual but rather how good are the plans,wood and stuff.
Ian, agreed on the manual, it is/was a non-issue for me. I had seen a post on RCU a year or so ago complaining about Adrian's manuals and I couldn't see what the fuss was about, they are fine in my opinion.
The Newbee kit and the GeeBeeR2 kit both come with nicely drawn cad designed plans. The R2 plans even show all of the formers and rib templates so you could probably scratch one from the plans. Very nice.
The GB R2, so far, fits together nicely with no hidden surprizes.
The R2 kit comes with a glass cowl, very nice.

I hate to promote another BB but RCU does have a few postings from guys who have already built Adrian's kits, especially his GeeBee's and most, if not all, seem positive.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Page Aviation kit in the future from what I have experienced so far. The prices are decent and help from the designer is only an email/phone call away.

Terry, Adrian does have a new 1/4 scale Geebee R2 kit out now that looks impressive. I bought the .60 (1/5th?) before he came out with his 1/4 scale.
MAAC #41076
Derrick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:54 PM   #8
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

PAGE AVIATION

Derrick,good to hear the plans are cad drawn.If there as good as MR.AERODESIGNS,then fun can be had.Nice to see that the lazer cut parts fit well to.His super Cub price is very reasonable and power options is what is attracting me to it and IMAA size as well.Think I'm going to start suggesting hard to my better half that this would be nice for fathers day or my birthday !!!
Ken,anytime.Glad to have been of service.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Old 01-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #9

Total Props: 57
One thing you might upgrade is the rudder post. Make it out of spruce that way the tail feathers will last when you nose it over and it turns turtle. Our president built one and still flys it. He is a very good pilot however at least half of the landings end up with the roll out turning into a nose over and it flips on its back. He is glad he replaced the post or he probably would have damaged the rudder by now.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:07 PM   #10
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

PAGE AVIATION

Prop worm,thanks for the hint on the rudder post.I'll keep it in mind.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in