RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
POWLING
Resident complainer

Total Props: 0
RCing = Soap Opera

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am tired. I am tired of constantly seeing/hearing nothing but bashing and name calling towards other peoples opinions, ideas, and comments. Its getting really old really quick

I feel like I am watching an episode of "All of My Children" or something, and man is it ever annoying.

I know in the past I have shared my opinions towards stuff, everyone has, but now its just getting stale. Everyone out there say "I" if you got into this hobby becasue it was fun......."I". Now, say "I" if you got into racing becasue you thought it was fun....."I". Now say "I" if you are sick of seeing all these racers and RCers crying, throwing purses, and sucking their thumbs over whatever it is this week people are complaining about....."I".

OK, by now you have probly got the point I am trying to get across. My point is that it is this is just a hobby guys, not our jobs (well atleast for about 3% of us it is their job). I know we have heard this from people in the past but its true, IT'S A HOBBY!......(grabs Webster's Dictionary)

"Hobby-An activity done regularly in one's leasure time for pleasure."
Key Word-PLEASURE!

Common guys (and gals), we need to make a change around here. There is so much bad blood, and negativity around here that its sad. Be more positive, have a better look on whats going on in our hobby today, its a hobby....lets keep it that way
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

I'm just trying to make things better. That is all I want to do.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
POWLING
Resident complainer

you are in a small gruop of people that are just fine.....

Old 12-28-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

I admit that I contributed to this whole negativity and brawling today. Unfortunately the issue is not that people take this hobby to serious, it’s that this is their attitude towards everything life, we are just seeing a part of it here. Someone thinks they are smarter than someone else and desperately want to prove that. There is no more equality in society. There are those who think they are better than everyone else, bullies if you want to call them that. There are those who are just plain arrogant. People are become spoiled and they are not being brought up correctly. It’s a paradox: We live in an atmosphere which contributes to this type of behavior, yet humans are the ones who create this atmosphere.
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
imported_BLAZE
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN
I admit that I contributed to this whole negativity and brawling today. Unfortunately the issue is not that people take this hobby to serious, it’s that this is their attitude towards everything life, we are just seeing a part of it here. Someone thinks they are smarter than someone else and desperately want to prove that. There is no more equality in society. There are those who think they are better than everyone else, bullies if you want to call them that. There are those who are just plain arrogant. People are become spoiled and they are not being brought up correctly. It’s a paradox: We live in an atmosphere which contributes to this type of behavior, yet humans are the ones who create this atmosphere.
good point ven and i lie your honesty
Old 12-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
imported_BLAZE
RCC Senior Contributor

honesty

good point ven and i like your honesty
honesty is step #1 to get along with everybody
Old 12-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #7
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

The biggest problem is. Everyone thinks they have the answer to all the problems.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #8
POWLING
Resident complainer

100% agree MM......i dont by all means have the answers to everything, or anything for that matter. i am just venting, and posting what i am seeing/hearing...maybe it will smarten some people up
Old 12-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #9
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

And as it turns out the answer to this problem is very complicated because we cannot change other people due to the stubborness in the air. Telling someone to grow up like I did today will not necesseraly make them grow up. Their life is in their own hands. They have to become aware of the effect they have on the society. We all do. Everyone needs to work on themselves and not point out the problems or issues of others
Old 12-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #10
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

And also, I'm not saying we all need to start going Barney the Purple Dinosaur on each other, we need to become more courteous. I'm going to stop saying "we" and work on "I" and "I" alone for now
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in