Club Memberships ? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 05-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
Smile Club Memberships ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Can anyone tell me what your club charges in new membership fees and yearly dues? I was quoted $400.00 to join and $175.00 per year. What are your thoughts on this ?
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #2

Total Props: 57
Re: Club Memberships ?

Depends on the club and its fanatical circumstances. The area needed to fly our models will be the same be it a low or high club membership. Keeping that in mind if the rent and upkeep are high then the dues will be higher and if the membership is small the cost per member will be higher. Not all clubs and their circumstances are equal so it’s hard to compare one club to another.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Frank Klenk
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Frank Klenk
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhorn 47 View Post
Can anyone tell me what your club charges in new membership fees and yearly dues? I was quoted $400.00 to join and $175.00 per year. What are your thoughts on this ?
Dennis is correct, it's hard to compare one club to another as every club's financial obligations are different. Given that you are in Victoria BC and land is a zillion an acre the price is not bad. I believe the local club just relocated to a new site not that long ago too. It is what it is and if you wish to fly you must pay. Personally I would pay "anything", just so I could fly.

Frank
MECA 4762
Thank a farmer
My Website, https://frankshangar.com/
My YouTube channels,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7m...ZDhGp4w/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-k...8MphsMZuVfwqJw
Frank Klenk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
smoknrv4
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jonathan M
Radio of choice:
DX 18QQ
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 55

Some avid golfers spend a lot more than that per season to shoot a few rounds, think of it that way.

Elgin Flyers, St. Thomas, Ontario
Maac#45310
smoknrv4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in