Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Matt C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
DUD Brain Fart

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Sorry guys I have a real brain fart as soon as i posted the gearig question a went to the shop and looked at the stuff.

There is a small spur med spur and larg spur, it makes sense that the medium spur would be the 5.3 DUH some days I swear I leave my brain in bed when I get up.

Thanks

Now comes the dilema, trying to manufacture a way to get the spinner to mount onto the new shaft so I can have it on for flying

I trying to grind down the grooves on the GWS shaft and use it for the gearbox but it did not grid down evenly and the shaft is out of balance too much ocilation for my liking. I have managed to get the spinner to pressure fit on the nut for the prop adapter but it will only do for static display.

If anyone has any ides on how to get a spinner mounted for flight purposes i am totally open to ideas. If i can't figure something out I might just break out the old tap and die and make a new shaft then get a friend with a lathe to cut the groove in for the locking ring.

Thanks for all the help guys. I have a 9X4.7 on it right now I will see how it flies on that and then look at grabbing a 9X6 if I need more speed.
Matteus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #12
orenda635
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Mike P

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmair
I saw your post and had to reply. I have two friends with this airplane, one with the stock motor and one with a brushless outrunner. The differance is like night and day, If you can afford it, get yourself a brushless motor. This airplane needs to fly fast and you need a brushless motor to do it. If you get one you won't be sorry!
I agree. The motors tend not to be powerful enough. Ironically, I heard that they have to be stock for electric pylon races. Must be like racing snails.

The easiest way is probably the Ultrafly Model Power Upgrade Kit for GWS geared models.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXKKK7&P=
Not sure how good it is but it's cheap and plug and play, compatible with GWS's stick style motor mounts. You just need to add your favorite brushless ESC.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:18 AM   #13
Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Matt C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

Himax

I have the himax 2015 4100 and the himax gearbox in there now but I need to figure a way to mount the spinner on the himax shaft I can get the prop on and the spinner for static but not for flight.

thanks for the input on the other motor option though.
Matteus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in