ikarus eco7 jetranger - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #11
douglas4

I am: ?

Total Props: 0
eco7

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ya i guess i shoudlnt be so fussy but then again...he he. um as i mentioned the best thing about the eco7 is the simplicity of the design..i mean the rotor head swash plate and modular body style. a replacement body is like $131.16 canadian including the tail motor you cant get better than that. i d have to say daniel i really cant see me buying anything else at this point im in love so to speak lol. im actually planning a fixed pitch conversion ive designed using the eco7 pdf manual and other pics ive found online. i know this sounds crazy ( laugh if you will) but im basing it on the piccoz design...dont ask...im drawing up the schematics and diagrams of how to go about it using a simple 2 channel radio throttle/esc and tail/esc/gyro combination...( i like to tinker)...steering with tail rotor and enough weight in the front to give slight forward momentum. i got the additional idea's from a science store toy..its a stick with a rotor blade on top...you spin it with your hands and the rotor takes flight....i might be crazy but aerodymanically i think it will fly nominally nothing outragous mind you..but nominally...this will be my winter project and next year come income tax time ill buy the eco7 with all the trimmings as a real heli to fly the right way. im a silly puppy i know but hey isnt the hobby about tinkering and stuff...lol. im also working on using the flybar after my first initial testing of the original idea. the rotor head will spin nothing else no swash at all. i have to have a solid rotor made from plastic/hardwood/3 or 4 degree fixed pitch and new 6mm steel shaft with flybar going thru the shaft just above the one peice rotor on top of the main hub with a set screw like the toy thingy. this gonna be fun uddles and uddles of fun experimenting. ill let you know how im doing. ltr. (sounds crazy eh). im not working right now so have lots of time to think.
douglas4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #12
douglas4

I am: ?

Total Props: 0
grrrr

well my idea is defunct. doesnt seem it will work cant figure how to mount flybar on top of rotor shaft and aerodynamically the heli wont be able to keep proper hover and have decent enough forward flight to be viable. i admit defeat here...oh well i had a brain fart what can i say. it was a crazy idea but hey i had to try. mounting a large propeller type rotor would probably explode with the "g" forces from the rotor speed and take out my eye with my luck. i guess i was basically trying to invent a larger version of the piccoz from silverlit toys. "doh". i have no choice but go the conventional route with the eco7 jetranger and im okay with that. time to learn. :cry:
douglas4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in