Free MAN Subscription - Pass it on - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
JKovats
RCC Master Contributor

I am: John R
Radio of choice:
JR

Total Props: 20
Free MAN Subscription - Pass it on

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Guys;

I just got a renewal notice from Model Airplane News. Like all media, they are suffering from lower subscriptions and are offering buy one and give one as a gift for free. So here is the challenge.

Why don't we send a free subscription to a deserving young person, or old person, that enjoys the hobby, but might be a little tight for a subscription. If people want to PM me a name or send me an email, I will add someone to a free subscription. Name, address, city, postal code.

For privacy reasons, I don't think we should put any names in the forums, but if anyone wants, I'll start a spread sheet of potential recipients and I will let anyone know a name and address etc of a recommended recipient, if they want to give a free subscription with their renewal. We should be able to give a couple hundred of these things away.

Anybody got any other ideas? First come, first served is probably the best way to develop the list. I'll start the list as the names show up. The first name will get my free subscription. I will trust that the names being submitted are deserving. I am suggesting a spread sheet so duplicate subscriptions are not wasted.

I don't have the time to monitor it, but I think RCU would be a great place to promote this as well. We could give away 1,000's.

aka Johnny Versatile

MAAC 65460

Hespeler Model Aviators Inc.
Cambridge Float Flyers

I don't have the answers, but I have a personal relationship with the Guy that does.
JKovats is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
JKovats
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR

Re: Free MAN Subscription - Pass it on

Hi Guys;

I have had two inquiries from people wanting the extra MAN subscription. I have committed to the first one that came in. I have a 14 year old young hobbiest that would like to take advantage of this offer. Anybody renewing MAN and have a free subscription to give away?

Let's turn this into something guys!

aka Johnny Versatile

MAAC 65460

Cambridge Float Flyers

I don't have the answers, but I have a personal relationship with the Guy that does.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Spitball
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Cedric V.

Total Props: 1

Does this apply to Canadian subscriptions - when I got mine it read as if it did not?
Spitball is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
JKovats
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR

The insert in the magasine on the front page "Buy one get one free etc" Bottom left by the arrow. Canada $33.95 taxes included, Canadian dollars.

I called the 800# from the MAN website, discussed the offer, reference it to deal # 791221, gave them a cc# and got mine renewed and the gift subscription I am told is on it's way in 4-6 weeks with a confirmation sent within 7-10 days to the recipient.

The online renewal won't do this deal. You have to call the 800# and give the reference deal#.

My actual renewal isn't for another year, so I just added another year on this deal.

If you are going to do it I will give you the details of an avid 14 year old recipient who is currently flying a trainer and excited about the sport.

aka Johnny Versatile

MAAC 65460

Cambridge Float Flyers

Last edited by JKovats; 10-19-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 10

John,

That's a great idea!..i don't subsribe anymore..couple yrs now,but i commend your ways..your a good man!

mannyh

FUTABA 18SZ
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in