Psycho Nitro Blast II in Atlanta GA - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Nate T

Total Props: 0
Psycho Nitro Blast II in Atlanta GA

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This past weekend, Rob Patch, Jim Fergusson, Dalton Oliver and myself headed down to Georgia for the Psycho Nitro Blast.
This year, the race would be headlined by some major talent coming in from all over the US. Names like Drake, Truhe, Lutz, and Degani(former world Champion) came out set the pace. Practice was from 7am Friday to 7am Saturday with qualifying starting at 8am Saturday morning.
All of our team got off to a rocky start in qualifying in the first round. We figure it was just us getting used to the track still, however the second round, Rob turned it up and finished 8th overall which is very important in a qual points situation. I continued to struggle. Jim and Dalton were having problems with breakage of small parts and struggled through most of qualifying, Jim having the worst luck of everyone. Third round, I finally get my motor sorted out and had a fairly good run with my driving holding me back this time, Rob laid down a great run which would put him in the A main. When qualifying was done, we left, as it was 4 in the morning and we were all exhausted from 20 hours of straight qualifying.
Sunday, mains day: The drivers meeting the day previous stated that all classes would be run in order in qualifying and in mains, so with truggy being first up, we decided to sleep in. Bad idea, they went in reverse order and when we got there, we found out that Jim had missed his main and that Dalton was up in 5 minutes. Oops, well we scramble to get Dalton up and manged to get him started for his D main, the only problem we thought of is that he had a bad rear diff. Well, Dalton drove his butt off and after the race was over, he was in the second bump up spot, it was a great drive by him. Things settled down after that as we had and hour to wrench on Dalton's car to get him ready for his C main appearance.
We had some time to kill, so Rob and I decided to go see where we ended up. I ended up qualifying 11th for the B and rob 10th for the A. A great showing for Rob, and I knew that I had a great chance to bump.
Dalton's C main was a good race, he drove well, had no problems, except for the other drivers were just a little faster. Dalton ended up 10th in the C which is a great showing considering that was the first race with that buggy for him.
My main, So I start 11th, and after 3 corners im dead last. this is OK though, as its a half hour race. Slowly I start picking people off, making my way through traffic and I make it all the way up to second, but I had some driving mistakes which cost me. I drove and gave everything I could, but ended up 10 seconds short of bumping finishing 3d.
Rob Patch, the man of the weekend. Smooth driving and good traffic skills got this man to the show. He continued to drive like this right off the get go and spent most of the race in 4th - 6th place as this was the biggest battle of the day. Everyone drove very well fighting for position every lap.
Rob was as high as forth, but a stone caused his engine to stall, costing him a lap, taking him out of podium contention. Rob kept digging though, and worked his way back up to 5th place, which after 45 minutes is where he finished.
Everyone was very happy with their new Jammin' X2 cars and their durability. This track was very blown out and the X2 hardly even noticed.
We all had a lot of fun at this race, and it was awesome to watch guys like Lutz push their cars right to the limits, and then past the limits.
We got to see the week old Prototype of the new Tamiya buggy, which is a work of art. Getting to see Truhe run buggy, which looked more like a slot car. Ive never seen a buggy planted like that.
After this hole weekend, lack of sleep, car eating jumps and the smoke, we all agreed that next year, we will be back!
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Great recap of the events Nate!!

Congrats to all of you guys!
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #3

Total Props: 57
GREAT write up Nate, very informative and descriptive. Thanks!!
Congrats to all the Legacy Drivers for representing Canada so well. You guys ROCK!! Well Done!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #4

Total Props: 57
Sound`s like you guy`s had a great time despite your problems, way to represent guy`s !

Nate you should get a p/t job writing for a magazine, nice job.

Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
NS
RCC Contributor

I am: Nathan Stewart

Respirators

Any idea what the best respirator would be for the Nitro Fumes / CO ?

Carbon filter etc etc.

I will be picking one up for Motorama, and need some info first.
SPEKTRUM
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Nate T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS View Post
Any idea what the best respirator would be for the Nitro Fumes / CO ?

Carbon filter etc etc.

I will be picking one up for Motorama, and need some info first.
Sorry, but I did not use one. I would imagine any dual purpose or chemical filter. I did see guys wearing dust masks, but it would not help with nitro.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #7
mpetre
"F" Main

re

Good job at the PNB Nate. Sorry we didn't make it down. It looks like you guys represented well... Did Drake make it a official Guiness record????
Byron Fuels
Skycraft Hobbies
2005 + 2007 Sammy's S.S. 1/8 buggy champ
2007& 08 GLORCS MT Champion
2008 Southern Ontario indoor MT Champion
2009 Canadian Winter nats 3rd 1/8 Pro Buggy
mpetre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:31 AM   #8
REDNECK7
RCC Apprentice

Drake jump was just a few feet short of 150ft, but as there was no record it counts.
REDNECK7 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #9
Dreaming rc
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Dell Paradis
Radio of choice:
Specktrum
# of RCs: 14

Way to go guys.. awesome..
TLR 22T
Dreaming rc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
Nate T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho777 View Post
Good job at the PNB Nate. Sorry we didn't make it down. It looks like you guys represented well... Did Drake make it a official Guiness record????
We missed you guys down there. I think you guys would have had a lot of fun. It was a really long drive down there, but totally worth it.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in